Communications Manager (Freelance) — Unlimited
Fee: £4,125 per quarter (estimated at 16-20 days), initially Jan 2022 – March 2023.
Total contract value: £20,625
Unlimited is currently an arts commissioning programme that aims to embed work by disabled artists within the UK and international cultural sectors, reach new audiences and shift perceptions of disabled people.
Unlimited has been delivered by the disability-led arts organisation Shape Arts and arts-producing organisation Artsadmin since 2013 and is now transitioning into being an independent organisation from 2022, with a new mission, values and ways of working.
As Unlimited prepares for independence, this role will lead on setting up the new communications strategies, systems and relationships. This freelance role includes:
- Leading on communications and campaign strategies
- Managing the communications team and partner relationships, including line-managing a communications officer.
- Monitoring and reporting
We hope the successful post holder will help us shape the role over time and build the skills of the team. As part of the Unlimited team, the following values are important to us:
- Remote Working: All the team can work from home, from a local arts organisation (when determined) and, if within a commutable distance, from a hub office.
- Training & Development: Unlimited is committed to staff training and development, individually and as a team, including our freelance team members.
- Access: Unlimited is delighted to meet reasonable adjustments, to adjust existing practices and procedures to meet access requirements and supports all team members to apply to Access to Work to cover relevant costs.
- Inclusivity, diversity & access: Unlimited loves inclusivity and values lived experience in all its forms.
Deadline for applications: Monday 1 November, 12 noon
For full info on the role and accessible versions of the job pack, please visit our website.