Become a board member
We have three Board spaces available this year. We are seeking a range of candidates and are particularly keen to hear from people agree with the ambitions we have set ourselves in our 360 Diversity and Inclusion Strategy.
The AMA board currently comprises nine members and we are now holding an election for three of these places.
We are looking for people who are ambitious, passionate, excited about driving the AMA forward and committed to helping our members reach more, and more diverse, audiences.
We are committed to being an inclusive organisation and we are particularly keen to hear from people who can help us achieve this.
Over the last few years the AMA has launched a number of initiatives designed to empower the sector to drive real change to benefit organisations and their audiences e.g. Audience Diversity Academy, Digital Lab, Shared Ambition, Small-Scale Development Programme and Grow Through Disruption.
Candidates will need to have the organisational development skills required to act as effective board members e.g. skills and experience in financial strategy, leadership, and business planning.
To apply to stand in the election, you should:
- Be enthusiastic about the AMA vision and purpose, and keen to help the AMA further grow its membership and improve its impact;
- Be a paid up member;
- Have a proposer and a seconder who are both members;
- Return your nomination form by Tuesday 20 October, 10.00 AM, to Jack (see below for more information).
Timescale for 2020 election:
- 5 October: Opening of the board election applications 2020 – please click to download the information pack and nomination form. Read the information pack carefully before filling in the nomination form to ensure you meet the requirements.
- 20 October: Deadline to stand for board election and to send nomination form back to Jack (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- 26 October – 20 November: Election takes place.
- 1 or 2 December: Election results announced at the AGM taking place during the Arts Marketing Festival, on 1 and 2 December (online event). The results will also be shared on our website and on Twitter.
“”I have been on several Boards and can honestly say that the AMA’s has been the most positive experience of all. It is a welcoming, open organisation which encourages constructive challenge. As a Board member you gain senior strategic experience in a supportive environment which is valuable for developing future career skills.”
Director, Result CIC and current AMA Board Member
“”When I first stood for election I didn’t anticipate how being on the board has continually given me more back than I’ve ever given. As well as skills development that support personal and professional development, it is a great opportunity to step back from the day job, returning with fresh ideas and new perspectives.”
Director, Morris Hargreaves McIntyre and former AMA Board Member