Pablo Colella | Arts Marketing & Audience Engagement Consultant
“Art without Discovery moves nobody; creation must be made accessible for consumption”.
Leading Arts Marketing and Audience Engagement Consultant that supports clients with the audience challenges they’re facing. With close to two decades of experience and recognised by Arts Council England as an innovator in the field, I have guided national and international clients to widen reach, create impact and gain audience recognition. My expertise can support the growth of current and new potential audiences, anticipating their preferences and barriers to participation.
My passion lies in working with innovative people and projects to develop more relevant audience strategies and in turn enabling more people to choose, create and take part in brilliant arts experiences. Through my work I ensure the arts remain relevant and essential to creation, and active removal of barriers, with effective marketing/audience engagement, the first step in ensuring this.
– Audience Engagement Road Map. Arts marketing and audience engagement strategic documentation.
– Audience Profiling. A structured overview document that provides you an accessible introduction to audience identification and planning.
– Bespoke Audience Research. Research projects to explore your audience’s experience through the use of my Sandbox frameworks in addition to existing data from a number of regional and national desk-based sources.
– Overseeing PR and Marketing. Leading on the necessary PR or marketing activities for a singular project or brand building. Using specific arts marketing expertise.
– Arts Grant Support. Communicate the strength and value of your application through clear expression of your vision and worth, whilst also encouraging and reassuring funders by meeting the wider cultural and equality goals set by that funder.
– Public Engagement Strengthening (for rejected project grants). Section re-write and supporting documentation to strengthen project grand applications that have been rejected due to public engagement sections being ‘comparatively weaker’.
I take a unique approach to align audience psychologies and provide more relevant guidance to effectively reach and connect with them. I believe it’s an ineffective and impersonal approach to be building cultural experiences based on census-style data and fixed audience segmentation, not recognising audiences as individuals.
This is why I have developed an audience toolkit ‘Sandbox’ – a set of industry-leading frameworks and models designed to provide a complete understanding of arts audience psychology and engagement. Developed in collaboration with psychologists, sociologists, arts professionals and over three thousand audience interactions. Sandbox is genuinely becoming a game changer for the wider cultural sector.Pablo Colella
Expert in Innovative Arts Marketing. Leading Audience Engagement & Psychology Consultant.