Freelancer tag May 22nd, 2018Amy Firth
I am a creative digital expert and award-winning content producer, delivering results for over 12 years to the arts. I’ve helped clients fulfil their digital goals, train and engage with digital solutions and deliver high impact business results. I will help your teams gain in confidence with digital solutions and learn to utilise these skills to grow and develop your audience. Digital projects can be complex and often bewildering. I can translate these needs into easily understandable and practical projects up to board level to help build trust in an organisation’s digital strategy and deliver results! The projects I have worked on have:
– massively increased digital audiences
– simplified ticket purchasing hugely increasing online sales
– raised millions in online donations
– added thousands of new members
– survived epic on sales
– delivered beautiful video works to new audiences
As a former board director of Made Media and Head of Production at The Space, my experience has taken me across four continents, working for arts organisations of all sizes in the UK, US, Australia and Dubai. I learned using agencies comes with a hefty price tag, so I have gone freelance to offer the same levels of service and expertise but at a much more competitive price, helping arts clients get more value for every pound of their budget.
My services include:
– Technical project management of dozens of CMS/CRM integrations: WordPress, Drupal, Silverstripe, Tessitura, Squarespace, CiviCRM, Shopify
– Online ticketing system integrations: Tessitura, Spektrix, Seat Geek, Audienceview
– End to end video production services for both live filming and promotional videos
– High traffic preparations: ticket on sales for major artists
– Digital project strategy and consultancy
– Google Analytics and SEO training and reviews
– Adwords and Facebook ad management & strategy
– Usability studies and reporting
In order to meet your CRM needs, we offer an end to end process – working with your teams to identify system requirements, researching suitable systems, helping you to manage the procurement process, providing support with data migration and finally optimising the system. We work with many systems including Salesforce, Tessitura, Spektrix and Capsule CRM. I am a fully qualified Salesforce consultant having worked with Salesforce since 2015 and completed the Salesforce Administrator exam in February 2019.
We have particular expertise in data migration for CRM systems and work directly on the data, combining databases to create an input file for the new system which gives us the opportunity to reduce duplicates and neaten the data. We then review the final data in your new CRM system and implement different checking techniques to ensure you are confident with the migration sign off. If you have a complex database or a system which is taking live orders that cannot be paused for any time, we will work with your IT teams to recommend an approach which can be implemented at the point of data migration.
For your research and insight needs, we are experts in quantitative market research and pulling together data from multiple sources to create a holistic view of your organisation. We work with highly skilled qualitative researchers who add depth and uncover hidden insights. If you prefer to conduct your own research programmes in-house, we offer a consultancy service to support you with a really good foundation in what to do – from questionnaire design, to software decisions and advice on how to optimise your reporting. Questionnaire design and the right software is crucial to the success of your insight programmes and getting the set up right at the start can save you hours/weeks of time later on.
As well as supporting you on your CRM and insight journey, we enjoy sharing our knowledge and skills to empower you and your teams.
The Experience Business will work with you to deliver more appealing, relevant and impactful audience experiences that return value back into the business in the forms of mission delivery, audience development and contributing to that all important bottom line.
I create dynamic environments that encourage you to think differently, generate ideas and explore possibility. The approach is human-centered, placing the audience at the heart of business practice through immersive Labs (1 to 5 days) that are facilitative, creative and engaging.
The Experience Business Toolbox is stuffed with proven methods to help you understand, conceive and design better services, exhibitions and programmes of work:
- Core Purpose Lab creates persuasive narratives that articulate the value you create for your audiences and communities. Clients include Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, Creative Victoria and The City of Cape Town Department of Culture.
- Audience Experience Lab applies customer journey mapping to your customer experience in order to pin point where you are under-performing, supports the development of improvement programmes and explores the potential for new value creation. Clients include The Swiss Science Centre, Imperial War Museum North, Uppsala Stadsteater, Warwick Arts Centre, The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands) and Melbourne Arts Centre.
- Brand Experience Lab helps you translate your brand into vivid experiences that differentiate your offer, win hearts and minds and build brand trust. Clients include the National Football Museum and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Innovation Lab unsticks your thinking in a co-creational environment to surface bold new concepts and open up fresh horizons of possibility. Clients include The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Royal Exchange Theatre Manchester and Goldfield Arts Centre, Western Australia.
- Design Thinking Labs hone these concepts into services, exhibitions and experiences that deliver mutual value for you and your audiences/stakeholders. Clients include Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Marketing Association and the Federation of Scottish Theatres.
- ‘Make-athons’ turn your staff teams from service deliverers into the creative producers of the audience experience, dissolving silos and building ownership. Clients include West Yorkshire Playhouse, Tullie House Museum Carlisle and Rockhampton Art Gallery Queensland (Australia).
- Training programmes are designed to upskill staff teams to better understand and shape audience experiences. Topics include Observational Research, Customer Journey Mapping, Design Thinking, Creative Thinking and Running Focus Groups. Clients include the AMA, Audiences Northern Ireland, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Warwick Arts Centre and The Wordsworth Trust.
I am also available to facilitate Board Away Days and Staff Development Days on the themes of Core Purpose, Design Thinking, Brand and Audience Experience.
Since launching The Experience Business in 2012, I have worked on some amazing projects with forward thinking organisations that have taken a leap of faith into a new way of working. Examples include:
– a ground-breaking Audience Engagement Programme, using design thinking to co-create audience-centric initiatives in remote and regional Australia, funded through Australia Council for the Arts.
– design thinking consultant on the AMA Future Proof Museums programme working with 8 museums on developing their visitor experience.
– Audience Experience Programme at the Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, incorporating customer journey mapping and design thinking, which increased on-line booking revenue generation and led to a successful re-positioning of the fundraising strategy.
– development of a Visitor Experience Framework and Evaluation Toolkit for ON FIFE Cultural Trust.
– together with The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands), applying design thinking to develop alternative models of devising new work and audience engagement initiatives for rural touring, funded through the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
– Visitor Experience Audit of the National Coalmining Museum which informed a successful £600k+ HLF bid to improve the visitor experience on site.
– working with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra to co-create a suite of three successful backstage tours. Demand now outstrips supply.
– professional development programme at Warwick Arts Centre designed to create an in-house team skilled in evaluating and improving the in-venue audience experience.
– Facilitator-in-residence at the City Recital Hall, Sydney, working intensively with staff for one week, applying customer journey mapping and experience design to re-imagine the in-venue experience.
As an experienced marketing and communications professional who has worked with and for a wide range of arts organisations spanning over 20 years, I challenge organisations to think about their approach to audiences from both the inside and out.
The significant success I have achieved in audience development and segmentation – Test Drive the Arts programme, a cutting edge Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and segmentation strategy: Audience Builder and many other ground-breaking audience development programmes many of which have been widely disseminated and copied across the UK and Europe – means I can draw on that experience to create bespoke, creative and strategic audience focused solutions that are effective and value for money.
My approach includes new technology consultancy and implementation project management providing the systems solutions to deliver organisational CRM strategies.
Since launching HD Consulting in 2010 I’ve worked on a whole range of interesting CRM, Marketing and Audience development projects including:
– a joint project with Morris Hargreaves Mcintyre to develop an audience insight, segmentation and CRM strategy for Shakespeare’s Globe.
– enabling the National Horse Race Museum to identify a fit-for-purpose and cost effective CRM system solution, ready for the opening of their new museum site whilst also meeting the wider needs of the organisation in terms of developing an overarching systems strategy. The aim was to address the integration of existing systems, provision of the right physical hard-wear (bar code scanners/mobile devices etc) to allow visitors entry to the museum, and the tools to undertake effective marketing, CRM and reporting analysis.
– leading and managing the Lancashire Classical Music Collaboration – a 2 year audience development programme to develop audiences for classical music in Lancashire – involving an Arts Council England funded partnership between the Halle orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra, Manchester Camerata, King George’s Hall Blackburn, The Muni in Colne and The Guildhall, Preston.
– Review, develop and create Customer Relationship Management (systems, strategy, case study) content for the AMA CultureHive website
– working with Welsh National Opera on an audience research project to investigate two key objectives from their marketing strategy a) retaining the core regular existing audience (and increase their frequency and risk taking as appropriate), b) reactivating inactive attenders. We conducted a series of focus groups and telephone interview with audiences from both their home venue, Wales Millenium Centre and several touring venues.
We offer numerous packages of help in arts organisations looking to refresh or update their core transactional systems. In addition to this we also work to assess and improve staff structures and efficiencies.
Whether you are just looking for independent advice to assess your current systems and processes, or need someone to lead or guide you through a procurement or replacement project, then we can certainly help, so do get in touch.
I’ve spent over 15 years working with culture and heritage organisations in marketing and digital roles.I can help with digital strategy and planning, systems and platform development (websites, CRM and databases, ticketing systems, social media, email marketing etc) and one off digital projects.
I provide marketing consultation and support for organisations including strategy, campaign planning and delivery and help with team management, development and recruitment for marketing and digital roles. Current and recent clients include English National Ballet, the Royal College of Music, the AMA, Crying Out Loud, Slung Low, Waddesdon Manor and Chelsea Arts Club.