Freelancer tag May 22nd, 2018Amy Firth
Jonarc is a small agency based by the sea in Sunderland, in the North East of England. Established in 2016 by founder Jonny Chambers and drawing on decades of experience at all levels of the live theatre industry, we’ve since gone on to produce work for major producers, up-and-coming arts organisations, the NHS and even His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales!
We’re committed to communicating culture, from musicials to music concerts, comedians to culture spots, we work to share the culture that is all around us. Whether its on the side of a big red bus or in the palm of your audience’s hand, our design and creative services, marketing and PR and state of the art ticketing solutions are there to put you centre stage.
As well as working for Polka Theatre as Head of Sales and Marketing, I also work one day a week in web and graphic design. My focus is on providing clients with solutions in these areas where perhaps in-house support isn’t an option. Up until now, I have been commissioning digital projects, and so I know exactly what clients are looking for: understanding; clarity; management of expectations and full delivery with training and handover.
Clear communication lies at the heart of my practice: whether that be with my clients, or guiding them to reach their audience. Everyone has a story to tell, and through my work I will help you tell it, and to the right people.
Web Design: project scoping, UX review, brief development and proposal, project timelines, regular updates, domain and hosting recommendations, e-commerce integration, brand adoption and styling, function implementation, analytics set up and reporting, content creation and occupying, navigation review, post-project support
Graphic Design: project scoping, brief development, project timelines, concept presentation, brand adoption and creation, draft / mock-up approval, regular updates, project sign-off, post-project support
Clients include: Northern Stage, Hexham Book Festival, Curious Souls, City of Dreams and Scott Turnbull (actor).
With over 10 years experience working in the industry, I was lucky to be part of the team that delivered the biggest party in 2017: Hull, UK City of Culture.
Promoting 2,000 events, across 250+ venues across the city, I headed up the marketing team which were tasked with building a successful audience development plan and securing 1million extra visitors to Hull during the year of 2017, a figure which was exceeded beyond expectations.
Since my time at Hull UK City of Culture, I have built a successful freelance marketing business – working with predominantly Yorkshire based arts and cultural organisations, festivals and NPOs.
My specialisms include:
– Audience development strategy
– Campaign planning and management
– Brand management
– Marketing management support (in-house if required)
– Communication strategy
– Design, print and production management
– Media planning and evaluation
– Budget management
– Focus groups and evaluation
I am a creative digital expert and award-winning content producer, delivering results for over 12 years to the arts. I’ve helped clients fulfil their digital goals, train and engage with digital solutions and deliver high impact business results. I will help your teams gain in confidence with digital solutions and learn to utilise these skills to grow and develop your audience. Digital projects can be complex and often bewildering. I can translate these needs into easily understandable and practical projects up to board level to help build trust in an organisation’s digital strategy and deliver results! The projects I have worked on have:
– massively increased digital audiences
– simplified ticket purchasing hugely increasing online sales
– raised millions in online donations
– added thousands of new members
– survived epic on sales
– delivered beautiful video works to new audiences
As a former board director of Made Media and Head of Production at The Space, my experience has taken me across four continents, working for arts organisations of all sizes in the UK, US, Australia and Dubai. I learned using agencies comes with a hefty price tag, so I have gone freelance to offer the same levels of service and expertise but at a much more competitive price, helping arts clients get more value for every pound of their budget.
My services include:
– Technical project management of dozens of CMS/CRM integrations: WordPress, Drupal, Silverstripe, Tessitura, Squarespace, CiviCRM, Shopify
– Online ticketing system integrations: Tessitura, Spektrix, Seat Geek, Audienceview
– End to end video production services for both live filming and promotional videos
– High traffic preparations: ticket on sales for major artists
– Digital project strategy and consultancy
– Google Analytics and SEO training and reviews
– Adwords and Facebook ad management & strategy
– Usability studies and reporting
Experienced strategic consultant and leader in culture and heritage, with in-house Board and Director-level experience at major UK organisations, including Tate, Natural History Museum, National Theatre, National Museums Scotland and Craft Scotland.
I am based near Edinburgh and work across the UK supporting all types of culture and heritage organisations, including visual and performing arts companies, national and regional museums and galleries, heritage and membership bodies, sector development and leadership networks.
I offer strategic advice, facilitation and coaching. Strengths include branding and all aspects of marketing communications; visitor engagement; capital & revenue fundraising; organisational development: governance, team building and leadership.
I have helped:
• a national theatre to review and develop its communications operation and create a digital strategy
• a London museum to review and develop communications in advance of a major capital development
• a historic house & gardens to improve visitor engagement, and develop Board governance
• two multi-arts centres, to build fundraising skills and to refresh branding
• a national digital agency to develop best practice guidelines
• a leading contemporary gallery to develop fundraising, marketing and branding, and make an HLF application
• a membership organisation with strategy for profile, programming and funding
• recruit senior posts for a university, two international festivals, a sector support agency, a contemporary gallery, a national theatre and orchestra
• the Director & Board of a sector development agency to review vision and strategy
• a theatre with creative ideas for daytime visiting and heritage interpretation
• a local authority to develop a marketing strategy and branding for a planned new museum
• Chairs and Trustees to review governance and support fundraising
You can find client testimonials at my website
I act as a coach and mentor to established and emerging leaders, and have developed group workshops around Branding, Personal Branding and ‘Career MOT’©. Speaking engagements include Edinburgh International Cultural Summit, ESRC and Arts & Business.
As a non-executive advisor I have supported creative industries, heritage, tourism, festivals and professional development bodies. I am the Chair of Craft Scotland and sit on the board of The Fruitmarket Gallery in Edinburgh.
My life in London included launching Tate Modern and the Natural History Museum’s first Darwin Centre. At National Museums Scotland I led four talented teams covering marketing, digital, fundraising, and national & international strategy; across five sites and four capital projects we together achieved record visitor numbers and raised over £80m, plus six-figure annual revenue income.
I would be delighted to talk to you about how we might work together – please do get in touch for a chat.
Using experience gained from a range of arts and cultural organisations I can offer a number of services to support your project including:
Strategy planning and support – Social media coordination – Copywriting and content creation – Audience development
Please contact me to start a conversation about how we can work together.
The Experience Business will work with you to deliver more appealing, relevant and impactful audience experiences that return value back into the business in the forms of mission delivery, audience development and contributing to that all important bottom line.
I create dynamic environments that encourage you to think differently, generate ideas and explore possibility. The approach is human-centered, placing the audience at the heart of business practice through immersive Labs (1 to 5 days) that are facilitative, creative and engaging.
The Experience Business Toolbox is stuffed with proven methods to help you understand, conceive and design better services, exhibitions and programmes of work:
- Core Purpose Lab creates persuasive narratives that articulate the value you create for your audiences and communities. Clients include Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, Creative Victoria and The City of Cape Town Department of Culture.
- Audience Experience Lab applies customer journey mapping to your customer experience in order to pin point where you are under-performing, supports the development of improvement programmes and explores the potential for new value creation. Clients include The Swiss Science Centre, Imperial War Museum North, Uppsala Stadsteater, Warwick Arts Centre, The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands) and Melbourne Arts Centre.
- Brand Experience Lab helps you translate your brand into vivid experiences that differentiate your offer, win hearts and minds and build brand trust. Clients include the National Football Museum and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Innovation Lab unsticks your thinking in a co-creational environment to surface bold new concepts and open up fresh horizons of possibility. Clients include The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Royal Exchange Theatre Manchester and Goldfield Arts Centre, Western Australia.
- Design Thinking Labs hone these concepts into services, exhibitions and experiences that deliver mutual value for you and your audiences/stakeholders. Clients include Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Marketing Association and the Federation of Scottish Theatres.
- ‘Make-athons’ turn your staff teams from service deliverers into the creative producers of the audience experience, dissolving silos and building ownership. Clients include West Yorkshire Playhouse, Tullie House Museum Carlisle and Rockhampton Art Gallery Queensland (Australia).
- Training programmes are designed to upskill staff teams to better understand and shape audience experiences. Topics include Observational Research, Customer Journey Mapping, Design Thinking, Creative Thinking and Running Focus Groups. Clients include the AMA, Audiences Northern Ireland, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Warwick Arts Centre and The Wordsworth Trust.
I am also available to facilitate Board Away Days and Staff Development Days on the themes of Core Purpose, Design Thinking, Brand and Audience Experience.
Since launching The Experience Business in 2012, I have worked on some amazing projects with forward thinking organisations that have taken a leap of faith into a new way of working. Examples include:
– a ground-breaking Audience Engagement Programme, using design thinking to co-create audience-centric initiatives in remote and regional Australia, funded through Australia Council for the Arts.
– design thinking consultant on the AMA Future Proof Museums programme working with 8 museums on developing their visitor experience.
– Audience Experience Programme at the Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, incorporating customer journey mapping and design thinking, which increased on-line booking revenue generation and led to a successful re-positioning of the fundraising strategy.
– development of a Visitor Experience Framework and Evaluation Toolkit for ON FIFE Cultural Trust.
– together with The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands), applying design thinking to develop alternative models of devising new work and audience engagement initiatives for rural touring, funded through the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
– Visitor Experience Audit of the National Coalmining Museum which informed a successful £600k+ HLF bid to improve the visitor experience on site.
– working with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra to co-create a suite of three successful backstage tours. Demand now outstrips supply.
– professional development programme at Warwick Arts Centre designed to create an in-house team skilled in evaluating and improving the in-venue audience experience.
– Facilitator-in-residence at the City Recital Hall, Sydney, working intensively with staff for one week, applying customer journey mapping and experience design to re-imagine the in-venue experience.
I am a freelance arts marketing consultant with over 15 years experience working in the industry. Prior to becoming freelance, I spent 12 years at Sadler’s Wells where I lead the marketing for the venue’s in house productions on tour both nationally and internationally. I was also marketing lead on two strategic tours for Breakin’ Convention, and for the National Youth Dance Company.
Areas of specialism include but are not limited to:
– Marketing planning for touring
– Venue liaison
– Digital campaigns
– Website briefing
– Design and print experience (including brochures and programmes)
– Marketing consultation
Current and past freelance clients include:
Aakash Odedra Company
Joss Arnott Dance (Emergence)
Nikki & JD
Pavilion Dance South West
Remarkable Productions (for Croydon International Mela and London Mela)
Surf the Wave
I am a trustee on the board of Hornsey Town Hall Trust, a buildings conservation trust set up to help secure a future of the iconic north London building.
In my spare time, I am a keen amateur photographer and member of Muswell Hill Photographic Society where I hold the position of Co-President.
Find new audiences, communicate with your most engaged visitors, grab attention for your projects. Tell everyone who you are and what you do.
Spark Arts Marketing & Project Management is run by Caz Slota, a freelance arts marketer with over 10 years of experience in the performing arts industry.
Whether you are looking for a partner for a long-term project or simply have a quick one-off piece of work, Spark can provide what you need. Services include:
o Marketing campaigns for shows, projects or venues
o Online & digital services – SEO, websites, social media, email communications
o Asset creation – Flyer, poster and brochure design, video editing, copywriting, online media production
o Strategy, planning and research – project administration, audience development, branding and other services with a wider scope
Having graduated in 2009 with a Theatre & Performances Studies degree from the University of Warwick, my passion for the arts took me to a role as Marketing Officer for the Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds in 2010, leaving in 2015 as Head of Department. From 2015 – 2016 I worked for Tara Arts and managed the marketing, sales and branding strategy for the reopening of the new Tara Theatre.
Since November 2016, I have been working as a freelance Arts Marketing consultant and manager on strategy development, tour marketing, branding and digital strategy and implementation for producing companies. Currently working as Communications Manager for the Original Theatre Company and HOME Slough with projects for Cahoots Theatre Company, The Production Exchange, Park Theatre, Southwark Playhouse and The Other Palace. Emma also runs the marketing module for the MA in Creative Producing at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts with course leader Chris Grady.
Over the last 8 years Emma has worked on 10 national tours including Mansfield Park (Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds); Three Men In A Boat, Invincible, Monogamy (Original Theatre Company, 2015, 2016 & Brits Off Broadway); The Diary of a Hounslow Girl, Hamlet (Black Theatre Live); Emma (The Production Exchange) as well as London runs Paradise of the Assassins (Tara Arts); The Roundabout, Deny, Deny, Deny, Twitstorm, Twilight Song (Cahoots Theatre Company/Park Theatre); Hamlet (Gyles Brandreth), Secondary Victim, There or Here, Schism, Beruit, Peter Pan (Park Theatre), Bananaman (Southwark Playhouse), Ghost About The House (Kings Head Theatre) For King and Country (Southwark Playhouse) and Murder For Two (The Other Palace).
Made by Marketing offers freelance marketing consultancy to cultural organisations, museums and visitor destinations.
– brand identity development
– marketing strategy
– marketing implementation (e.g. copywriting, managing web site design & build/ print, social etc)
– facilitating workshops to help clients’ overcome marketing challenges (e.g. from identifying brand values to generating fresh ideas)
My pure passion, 22 years of experience and flexible approach provide clients with practical, creative marketing support that delivers. I love working in the cultural sector and helping clients communicate more effectively in order to reach their objectives.
Current and recent clients include: Royal Society of Sculptors, British Museum, Visit Cornwall, youth music charity NYMAZ and a European-funded project for the county councils of Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. I previously led the consortium responsible for marketing South Bank, London, as a destination.
I am a member of the Arts Marketing Association and Association of Independent Museums.