Freelancer tag May 22nd, 2018Amy Firth
As well as working for Polka Theatre as Head of Sales and Marketing, I also work one day a week in web and graphic design. My focus is on providing clients with solutions in these areas where perhaps in-house support isn’t an option. Up until now, I have been commissioning digital projects, and so I know exactly what clients are looking for: understanding; clarity; management of expectations and full delivery with training and handover.
Clear communication lies at the heart of my practice: whether that be with my clients, or guiding them to reach their audience. Everyone has a story to tell, and through my work I will help you tell it, and to the right people.
Web Design: project scoping, UX review, brief development and proposal, project timelines, regular updates, domain and hosting recommendations, e-commerce integration, brand adoption and styling, function implementation, analytics set up and reporting, content creation and occupying, navigation review, post-project support
Graphic Design: project scoping, brief development, project timelines, concept presentation, brand adoption and creation, draft / mock-up approval, regular updates, project sign-off, post-project support
Clients include: Northern Stage, Hexham Book Festival, Curious Souls, City of Dreams and Scott Turnbull (actor).
I have been working in arts, cultural and events marketing for over 20 years.
I trained as a journalist at University of Wales, Cardiff while working for a number of regional newspapers and radio stations. While working as a radio presenter and news reporter I got my first taste of promotions and marketing.
Since then I have gained a Professional Diploma from Chartered Institute of Marketing and have worked with local authorities, independent, charity and cultural organisations including:
Neath Port Talbot Council Cultural Services
Blaenau Gwent Council Leisure Services
Marketing Manager at Sherman Theatre
Marketing Director at National Dance Company Wales.
I’ve also supported marketing campaigns as a freelancer for:
BBC National Orchestra of Wales
Beyond the Border International Storytelling Festival.
International Women’s Day 2017 Wales.
Chwarae Teg – Womenspire 2017
Papertail Theatre Company
Suzanne is passionate about marketing, arts and culture and is on the board for Papertrail Theatre Company.
I’m a marketing and audience development consultant with more than a decade of marketing and events expertise. I specialise in working in the creative, arts, culture, heritage, tourism and sustainable sectors.
Previous experience includes:
• Developing and implementing marketing strategies and plans;
• Event management;
• Managing social media profiles and running campaigns;
• Copywriting and content marketing for websites, email newsletters, blogs, print and social media.
Current and previous clients include: Magdalen Road Studios, Creative Dementia Arts Network, The Beacon, Westmill Solar plus many more.
I am a creative digital expert and award-winning content producer, delivering results for over 12 years to the arts. I’ve helped clients fulfil their digital goals, train and engage with digital solutions and deliver high impact business results. I will help your teams gain in confidence with digital solutions and learn to utilise these skills to grow and develop your audience. Digital projects can be complex and often bewildering. I can translate these needs into easily understandable and practical projects up to board level to help build trust in an organisation’s digital strategy and deliver results! The projects I have worked on have:
– massively increased digital audiences
– simplified ticket purchasing hugely increasing online sales
– raised millions in online donations
– added thousands of new members
– survived epic on sales
– delivered beautiful video works to new audiences
As a former board director of Made Media and Head of Production at The Space, my experience has taken me across four continents, working for arts organisations of all sizes in the UK, US, Australia and Dubai. I learned using agencies comes with a hefty price tag, so I have gone freelance to offer the same levels of service and expertise but at a much more competitive price, helping arts clients get more value for every pound of their budget.
My services include:
– Technical project management of dozens of CMS/CRM integrations: WordPress, Drupal, Silverstripe, Tessitura, Squarespace, CiviCRM, Shopify
– Online ticketing system integrations: Tessitura, Spektrix, Seat Geek, Audienceview
– End to end video production services for both live filming and promotional videos
– High traffic preparations: ticket on sales for major artists
– Digital project strategy and consultancy
– Google Analytics and SEO training and reviews
– Adwords and Facebook ad management & strategy
– Usability studies and reporting
In order to meet your CRM needs, we offer an end to end process – working with your teams to identify system requirements, researching suitable systems, helping you to manage the procurement process, providing support with data migration and finally optimising the system. We work with many systems including Salesforce, Tessitura, Spektrix and Capsule CRM. I am a fully qualified Salesforce consultant having worked with Salesforce since 2015 and completed the Salesforce Administrator exam in February 2019.
We have particular expertise in data migration for CRM systems and work directly on the data, combining databases to create an input file for the new system which gives us the opportunity to reduce duplicates and neaten the data. We then review the final data in your new CRM system and implement different checking techniques to ensure you are confident with the migration sign off. If you have a complex database or a system which is taking live orders that cannot be paused for any time, we will work with your IT teams to recommend an approach which can be implemented at the point of data migration.
For your research and insight needs, we are experts in quantitative market research and pulling together data from multiple sources to create a holistic view of your organisation. We work with highly skilled qualitative researchers who add depth and uncover hidden insights. If you prefer to conduct your own research programmes in-house, we offer a consultancy service to support you with a really good foundation in what to do – from questionnaire design, to software decisions and advice on how to optimise your reporting. Questionnaire design and the right software is crucial to the success of your insight programmes and getting the set up right at the start can save you hours/weeks of time later on.
As well as supporting you on your CRM and insight journey, we enjoy sharing our knowledge and skills to empower you and your teams.
I provide bespoke, evidence-driven interpersonal communications consultancy, appraisals, and training—
with the aim of improving organisational well-being.
Services include (but are not restricted to) text-analytic assessments of the psychometric properties of internal and external communications material; face-to-face appraisals of communicative style; tailored, strategic solutions to specific communications challenges; team dynamics reviews and strengths identification; and bespoke training in negotiation, persuasion, influence, compliance, conflict resolution, and staff well-being.
I am an experienced freelance PR and Communications consultant. I help organisations raise their visibility with audiences through long-term PR strategies, and research into the best media to nurture relationships with.
I’m a trusted and experienced specialist mainly working in the arts and charity sectors. I have a wealth of knowledge and imaginative thinking to offer organisations wishing to strengthen brand awareness, build audiences and build and sustain relationships with key supporters on a local and national level.
I can make a difference to you by seeking out and nurturing great relationships with writers, influencers and relevant press contacts. I have a knack for getting niche and unique projects visibility in the noise of social media and celebrity culture. I can manage complex PR stunts (ask me about Polka Patron Amanda Holden!), organise photographers and their briefs and collaborate effectively with your marketing team.
I keep my finger on the pulse with social media, technology and cultural shifts in language that affect how we speak to audiences. I am a Member of the Arts Marketing Association, a Board Trustee for Theatre-Rites and I will be mentoring an Arts Emergency Mentee in 2020.
Inhouse, I will develop a contacts database especially for you or your organisation, researching the most relevant journalists, influencers and writers. I dig deep into the ever-changing press and media landscape to optimise responses to your press releases.
I am highly responsive and I can work to strict timelines with professionalism.
- Strategic PR planning
- PR and publicity (with access to Arts Media Contacts and an extensive, personal PR database including broadcast)
- Influencer Strategy and delivery
- Campaign copywriting
- Branding development support
- Internal & partner communications support
What people say about me:
“In the last three years Binita’s insights, fast thinking and tenacity have resulted in some exciting stuff.” Annie Bacon, Creative Producer, BCA
“Thank you Binita. I feel like I am throwing a ball and you keep catching it.” Rebecca, Entelechy Arts
“Thank goodness for an on the ball PR” Dionne Kennedy from the Big Issue.
My aim is to share and develop my knowledge as I listen to and respond to my clients.
I’ve had in-house roles at the Barbican, Natural History Museum, English Heritage and Southbank Centre where I specialised in membership, CRM and email marketing.
I can work with you and your team and organisation on any of the following areas:
Loyalty and membership
Working with clients to gain deeper understanding as to where or why they are gaining new customers. Solutions include:
• Review and audit existing membership schemes
• Advise about the potential for membership and loyalty schemes and work with clients to implement them
• Help identify loyal customers, and customers who have the potential to grow
• Improve and refine the range of member benefits
• Suggest ways to reward and surprise good customers
• Demonstrate the wider impact of members beyond their subscription value
Enhancing marketing performance and digital conversion
Helping clients unlock potential of existing customers by developing response driven communications:
• Work with organizations to demonstrate the marketing solutions are working to provide sustainable profitability
• Analyse campaign, social media, website and e-commerce performance
• Refine existing approaches or developing new strategies to generate new customers, followers, audiences and donors
• Set up testing opportunities including creative propositions, media and conversion online
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Loyal customers are the ultimate aim of most businesses and in this area potential solutions include:
• Recommend new approaches to create a thriving customer-focused cultured based on database insights
• Collaborative create CRM strategies, roadmaps and guidance
• Advise on the research and analysis options to gain deeper customer insights
• Establish or refine customer segmentation models
• Develop communications and campaigns based on customer needs
Training, coaching, mentoring and directorate/executive strategic support and recruitment
Busy managers and team members are supported to develop existing or new skills. Solutions include:
• Train teams or individuals on topics such as creative development, campaign strategy and evaluating performance
• Coach and mentoring individuals to enhance their management or marketing skills
• Support time-poor directors and senior executives with confidential advice and strategic guidance
• Draw up job descriptions, set tasks and be part of the interview process
Lucy is an accomplished marketer who combines top-notch strategic knowledge with practical, actionable marketing support. When we worked together at the Landmark Trust, Lucy provided valuable advice on direct and email marketing and website development.
Helen Hartstein, Head of Audience Development at The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery
Lucy’s experience in membership and loyalty scheme has helped Southbank Centre to dramatically grow its membership base as well as improve retention and renewal rates to levels in excess of 90%.
Chris Denton, Director of Communications, Southbank Centre
I reveal hidden income streams and dramatically energise engagement for arts and non-profit organisations. I do this in five main ways:
1) Acting as the matchmaker between marketing and fundraising to create new lines of income
2) Increasing global reach to develop audiences in new territories and bring new international new audiences to you
3) Increasing audience bravery, encouraging audiences to release their inner child and try something new
4) Increasing audience engagement, making audiences need you, not just want you
5) Project managing organisational change projects which combine audience and donor development, fundraising and market research.
I enable organisations to reach their potential through employing the best, most streamlined tactics possible. Working in this streamlined way places me as your navigator to lead the way, putting in the lion’s share of the work, to ensure that your journey from project start to project success is as effortless as possible.
Having graduated in 2009 with a Theatre & Performances Studies degree from the University of Warwick, my passion for the arts took me to a role as Marketing Officer for the Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds in 2010, leaving in 2015 as Head of Department. From 2015 – 2016 I worked for Tara Arts and managed the marketing, sales and branding strategy for the reopening of the new Tara Theatre.
Since November 2016, I have been working as a freelance Arts Marketing consultant and manager on strategy development, tour marketing, branding and digital strategy and implementation for producing companies. Currently working as Communications Manager for the Original Theatre Company and HOME Slough with projects for Cahoots Theatre Company, The Production Exchange, Park Theatre, Southwark Playhouse and The Other Palace. Emma also runs the marketing module for the MA in Creative Producing at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts with course leader Chris Grady.
Over the last 8 years Emma has worked on 10 national tours including Mansfield Park (Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds); Three Men In A Boat, Invincible, Monogamy (Original Theatre Company, 2015, 2016 & Brits Off Broadway); The Diary of a Hounslow Girl, Hamlet (Black Theatre Live); Emma (The Production Exchange) as well as London runs Paradise of the Assassins (Tara Arts); The Roundabout, Deny, Deny, Deny, Twitstorm, Twilight Song (Cahoots Theatre Company/Park Theatre); Hamlet (Gyles Brandreth), Secondary Victim, There or Here, Schism, Beruit, Peter Pan (Park Theatre), Bananaman (Southwark Playhouse), Ghost About The House (Kings Head Theatre) For King and Country (Southwark Playhouse) and Murder For Two (The Other Palace).
Helen Dunnett | Tailored Customer Relationship Management and systems that support lasting audience relationships
As an experienced marketing and communications professional who has worked with and for a wide range of arts organisations spanning over 20 years, I challenge organisations to think about their approach to audiences from both the inside and out.
The significant success I have achieved in audience development and segmentation – Test Drive the Arts programme, a cutting edge Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and segmentation strategy: Audience Builder and many other ground-breaking audience development programmes many of which have been widely disseminated and copied across the UK and Europe – means I can draw on that experience to create bespoke, creative and strategic audience focused solutions that are effective and value for money.
My approach includes new technology consultancy and implementation project management providing the systems solutions to deliver organisational CRM strategies.
Since launching HD Consulting in 2010 I’ve worked on a whole range of interesting CRM, Marketing and Audience development projects including:
– a joint project with Morris Hargreaves Mcintyre to develop an audience insight, segmentation and CRM strategy for Shakespeare’s Globe.
– enabling the National Horse Race Museum to identify a fit-for-purpose and cost effective CRM system solution, ready for the opening of their new museum site whilst also meeting the wider needs of the organisation in terms of developing an overarching systems strategy. The aim was to address the integration of existing systems, provision of the right physical hard-wear (bar code scanners/mobile devices etc) to allow visitors entry to the museum, and the tools to undertake effective marketing, CRM and reporting analysis.
– leading and managing the Lancashire Classical Music Collaboration – a 2 year audience development programme to develop audiences for classical music in Lancashire – involving an Arts Council England funded partnership between the Halle orchestra, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra, Manchester Camerata, King George’s Hall Blackburn, The Muni in Colne and The Guildhall, Preston.
– Review, develop and create Customer Relationship Management (systems, strategy, case study) content for the AMA CultureHive website
– working with Welsh National Opera on an audience research project to investigate two key objectives from their marketing strategy a) retaining the core regular existing audience (and increase their frequency and risk taking as appropriate), b) reactivating inactive attenders. We conducted a series of focus groups and telephone interview with audiences from both their home venue, Wales Millenium Centre and several touring venues.
We offer numerous packages of help in arts organisations looking to refresh or update their core transactional systems. In addition to this we also work to assess and improve staff structures and efficiencies.
Whether you are just looking for independent advice to assess your current systems and processes, or need someone to lead or guide you through a procurement or replacement project, then we can certainly help, so do get in touch.