Freelancer tag May 22nd, 2018Amy Firth
In order to meet your CRM needs, we offer an end to end process – working with your teams to identify system requirements, researching suitable systems, helping you to manage the procurement process, providing support with data migration and finally optimising the system. We work with many systems including Salesforce, Tessitura, Spektrix and Capsule CRM. I am a fully qualified Salesforce consultant having worked with Salesforce since 2015 and completed the Salesforce Administrator exam in February 2019.
We have particular expertise in data migration for CRM systems and work directly on the data, combining databases to create an input file for the new system which gives us the opportunity to reduce duplicates and neaten the data. We then review the final data in your new CRM system and implement different checking techniques to ensure you are confident with the migration sign off. If you have a complex database or a system which is taking live orders that cannot be paused for any time, we will work with your IT teams to recommend an approach which can be implemented at the point of data migration.
For your research and insight needs, we are experts in quantitative market research and pulling together data from multiple sources to create a holistic view of your organisation. We work with highly skilled qualitative researchers who add depth and uncover hidden insights. If you prefer to conduct your own research programmes in-house, we offer a consultancy service to support you with a really good foundation in what to do – from questionnaire design, to software decisions and advice on how to optimise your reporting. Questionnaire design and the right software is crucial to the success of your insight programmes and getting the set up right at the start can save you hours/weeks of time later on.
As well as supporting you on your CRM and insight journey, we enjoy sharing our knowledge and skills to empower you and your teams.
I am a talented strategic thinker. Skilled in organisational dynamics, I empower individuals and teams to achieve the equality, diversity and inclusion goals of their organisation through insightful consulting and expert facilitation. I work with teams in their context to help them deliver meaningful results.
I champion and support organisational development to create and capture value that is of relevance in a changing world of cultural consumption. I was the equality lead at Culture Coventry Trust, that manages 4 museums and heritage sites. I worked to create an inclusive culture where diversity thrives, and equality and inclusion are rooted in its core purpose to maximise the museums’ social impact.
I support programmes across various locations with multiple stakeholders and partnerships. I have worked across the UK and Northern Ireland with the Museum Association as a Participatory Practice trainer on the Transformers Programme. I can support teams from inception of a project through to delivery and evaluation. I have project managed and developed innovative projects, the Arts and Social Care Project. I established a new programme and audience, leveraging in strategic commissioning from the health and social care sector. This supported and contributed to building the case for creative health and wellbeing work in the arts and culture sector.
I am passionate about diversity, advancing equality between different groups, creating welcoming inclusive places and increasing audience participation. My interests and work have focused around social purpose and cultural democracy, sharing the true joy and fulfillment of engagement in culture with everyone.
Using experience gained from a range of arts and cultural organisations I can offer a number of services to support your project including:
Strategy planning and support – Social media coordination – Copywriting and content creation – Audience development
Please contact me to start a conversation about how we can work together.
I provide bespoke, evidence-driven interpersonal communications consultancy, appraisals, and training—
with the aim of improving organisational well-being.
Services include (but are not restricted to) text-analytic assessments of the psychometric properties of internal and external communications material; face-to-face appraisals of communicative style; tailored, strategic solutions to specific communications challenges; team dynamics reviews and strengths identification; and bespoke training in negotiation, persuasion, influence, compliance, conflict resolution, and staff well-being.
The world is overflowing with content and your business has to make its voice heard to the relevant audiences. What should it look and sound like? Should you be spending time writing blogs and taking photos for Instagram? Where on earth do you start with a print publication?
I build content and publishing strategies, and digital user experiences in the arts and creative industries. I provide a trusted opinion, helping organisations to understand how their audiences engage with the content and messages they put out. It’s based on a thoughtful approach to platforms, media and the way we all work together.
I ran the publishing and digital operation for the BBC Proms for many years, and have run marketing campaigns in the events space for organisations including the Royal College of Music, Creative United and TEDxLondon.
A seasoned freelancer of 11 years and Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, my consultancy work has attracted the following clients in recent years: Barbican, Battersea Arts Centre, Bristol Old Vic, Cause4, CREATE, Headlong, Hofesh Shechter Company, Kneehigh, Nuffield Theatre, Old Vic Theatre, Regents Park Open Air Theatre and Spektrix. I cover a range of areas including, but not limited to: campaign strategy and implementation, stakeholder engagement, branding, audience development, end-to-end project management (e.g. websites, membership), marketing and comms audits and copywriting.
From 2007-2011 I was Head of Communications at the Royal Court in London under the artistic directorship of Dominic Cooke, launching more than 80 new plays on an unsuspecting public. In addition, I also worked on the West End transfers of Clybourne Park, Jerusalem, ENRON, That Face and Rock n Roll.
Prior to this, I was a freelance marketing and press consultant for a diverse range of art forms including theatre, contemporary dance, comedy and music. My earlier roles include Marketing Account Manager at Ambassador Theatre Group in London and Account Manager at Feref Associates, a design agency.
I am also a professional coach, mentor and trainer.
As an avid believer in life-long learning, I undertake an ongoing programme of professional and personal development, focussing in particular on leadership and change management. Recent courses include: Effective Fundraising and Leadership in the Cultural Sector, Digital Skills for Fundraisers, Be A Trustee, Digital and Social media strategy, Small Business Big Results.
I am a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Marketing and a member of the Arts Marketing Association. I recently became a Trustee of Sister System, a charity which delivers a year-long mentoring and development programme for teenage girls from looked-after care.
‘I have worked with Kym for many years, through Headlong and Hofesh Shechter Company. She is an extraordinarily effective member of any team: tenacious, dynamic and clear-sighted. I would wholeheartedly recommend her.’
Henny Finch, Executive Producer, Donmar Warehouse
‘Kym joined Bristol Old Vic as Communications Director cover. She designed and delivered the campaign that gave us our highest profile and biggest box office yield to date, and was a great team leader and valued Senior Management strategist. She hit the ground at top speed and stayed there.’
Emma Stenning, outgoing Executive Director, Bristol Old Vic
‘ACT engaged Kym for six months because we believed there were more actor-parents we could reach who needed support. More? An understatement! Kym enabled the charity to double its grants to families and forged new and lasting contacts. She listened to our aims, grasped our values and developed a strategy for ACT that was far-reaching, while being focused and achievable. No jargon, no long meetings. Simply: results.’
Robert Ashby, Executive Director
I have achieved much over the last few years, and am now keen to support others in their endeavours, to help them reach their full potential.
If you are looking for someone to strategise, plan or implement marketing communications and audience development work, then please get in touch.
Here’s some areas I could help with:
– Branding/visual identity
– Strategy (marketing & audience development)
– Change management
– Communications & social media content integration
– Audience development / customer acquisition & retention
– Data analysis & insight
– Fundraising communications
I am results-oriented, and would love to talk to you about how to make your life easier and your marketing communications more effective. Although I’m based in East Kent, I love to see the world, and can travel.
For some of my blog posts and case studies, please check out my LinkedIn profile — link below.
The Experience Business will work with you to deliver more appealing, relevant and impactful audience experiences that return value back into the business in the forms of mission delivery, audience development and contributing to that all important bottom line.
I create dynamic environments that encourage you to think differently, generate ideas and explore possibility. The approach is human-centered, placing the audience at the heart of business practice through immersive Labs (1 to 5 days) that are facilitative, creative and engaging.
The Experience Business Toolbox is stuffed with proven methods to help you understand, conceive and design better services, exhibitions and programmes of work:
- Core Purpose Lab creates persuasive narratives that articulate the value you create for your audiences and communities. Clients include Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, Creative Victoria and The City of Cape Town Department of Culture.
- Audience Experience Lab applies customer journey mapping to your customer experience in order to pin point where you are under-performing, supports the development of improvement programmes and explores the potential for new value creation. Clients include The Swiss Science Centre, Imperial War Museum North, Uppsala Stadsteater, Warwick Arts Centre, The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands) and Melbourne Arts Centre.
- Brand Experience Lab helps you translate your brand into vivid experiences that differentiate your offer, win hearts and minds and build brand trust. Clients include the National Football Museum and the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Innovation Lab unsticks your thinking in a co-creational environment to surface bold new concepts and open up fresh horizons of possibility. Clients include The Geffrye Museum of the Home, Royal Exchange Theatre Manchester and Goldfield Arts Centre, Western Australia.
- Design Thinking Labs hone these concepts into services, exhibitions and experiences that deliver mutual value for you and your audiences/stakeholders. Clients include Australia Council for the Arts, Arts Marketing Association and the Federation of Scottish Theatres.
- ‘Make-athons’ turn your staff teams from service deliverers into the creative producers of the audience experience, dissolving silos and building ownership. Clients include West Yorkshire Playhouse, Tullie House Museum Carlisle and Rockhampton Art Gallery Queensland (Australia).
- Training programmes are designed to upskill staff teams to better understand and shape audience experiences. Topics include Observational Research, Customer Journey Mapping, Design Thinking, Creative Thinking and Running Focus Groups. Clients include the AMA, Audiences Northern Ireland, BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art, Warwick Arts Centre and The Wordsworth Trust.
I am also available to facilitate Board Away Days and Staff Development Days on the themes of Core Purpose, Design Thinking, Brand and Audience Experience.
Since launching The Experience Business in 2012, I have worked on some amazing projects with forward thinking organisations that have taken a leap of faith into a new way of working. Examples include:
– a ground-breaking Audience Engagement Programme, using design thinking to co-create audience-centric initiatives in remote and regional Australia, funded through Australia Council for the Arts.
– design thinking consultant on the AMA Future Proof Museums programme working with 8 museums on developing their visitor experience.
– Audience Experience Programme at the Liverpool Everyman and Playhouse, incorporating customer journey mapping and design thinking, which increased on-line booking revenue generation and led to a successful re-positioning of the fundraising strategy.
– development of a Visitor Experience Framework and Evaluation Toolkit for ON FIFE Cultural Trust.
– together with The Touring Network (Highlands and Islands), applying design thinking to develop alternative models of devising new work and audience engagement initiatives for rural touring, funded through the Paul Hamlyn Foundation.
– Visitor Experience Audit of the National Coalmining Museum which informed a successful £600k+ HLF bid to improve the visitor experience on site.
– working with the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra to co-create a suite of three successful backstage tours. Demand now outstrips supply.
– professional development programme at Warwick Arts Centre designed to create an in-house team skilled in evaluating and improving the in-venue audience experience.
– Facilitator-in-residence at the City Recital Hall, Sydney, working intensively with staff for one week, applying customer journey mapping and experience design to re-imagine the in-venue experience.
Whether your organisation needs help in reviewing its strategic priorities or assistance in creating effective marketing campaigns I am here to help. Or maybe it’s time to review your company’s digital activities or find that perfect marketing or media partner for a particular project. Whatever your marketing challenge, I’ll find the solution.
Strategic Marketing Planning
Where is your organisation at? How is it performing? Is it keeping pace with our ever-changing cultural and media landscape? Maybe it’s time you took a step back to re-evaluate your broader vision, mission and goals. Let me help. I’ll guide you through the process and help you develop a new strategic marketing plan to achieve your goals.
Campaign Planning & Implementation
Do you need the help of an experienced arts marketing professional? I offer a variety of campaign services that deliver results. I can provide you with a carefully crafted and costed marketing campaign plan, or a full marketing service including implementation of all planned activity. Alternatively, you can cherry pick from a shopping list of campaign services depending on your requirements.
Digital Marketing Health Check
Do you need to re-vitalise your marketing strategy? I can undertake a digital marketing health check to help optimise your company’s digital marketing activities. This audit includes a review of your company’s online reach, channel design, content strategy and measurement methodology. You will receive a report offering advice on improving the effectiveness of your digital marketing with prioritised recommendations.
I can help you find like-minded partners to extend your organisation’s marketing/media activities and help grow your audience. I’ll identify your hottest prospects, make approaches, negotiate on your behalf and manage the partnership.
My aim is to share and develop my knowledge as I listen to and respond to my clients.
I’ve had in-house roles at the Barbican, Natural History Museum, English Heritage and Southbank Centre where I specialised in membership, CRM and email marketing.
I can work with you and your team and organisation on any of the following areas:
Loyalty and membership
Working with clients to gain deeper understanding as to where or why they are gaining new customers. Solutions include:
• Review and audit existing membership schemes
• Advise about the potential for membership and loyalty schemes and work with clients to implement them
• Help identify loyal customers, and customers who have the potential to grow
• Improve and refine the range of member benefits
• Suggest ways to reward and surprise good customers
• Demonstrate the wider impact of members beyond their subscription value
Enhancing marketing performance and digital conversion
Helping clients unlock potential of existing customers by developing response driven communications:
• Work with organizations to demonstrate the marketing solutions are working to provide sustainable profitability
• Analyse campaign, social media, website and e-commerce performance
• Refine existing approaches or developing new strategies to generate new customers, followers, audiences and donors
• Set up testing opportunities including creative propositions, media and conversion online
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
Loyal customers are the ultimate aim of most businesses and in this area potential solutions include:
• Recommend new approaches to create a thriving customer-focused cultured based on database insights
• Collaborative create CRM strategies, roadmaps and guidance
• Advise on the research and analysis options to gain deeper customer insights
• Establish or refine customer segmentation models
• Develop communications and campaigns based on customer needs
Training, coaching, mentoring and directorate/executive strategic support and recruitment
Busy managers and team members are supported to develop existing or new skills. Solutions include:
• Train teams or individuals on topics such as creative development, campaign strategy and evaluating performance
• Coach and mentoring individuals to enhance their management or marketing skills
• Support time-poor directors and senior executives with confidential advice and strategic guidance
• Draw up job descriptions, set tasks and be part of the interview process
Lucy is an accomplished marketer who combines top-notch strategic knowledge with practical, actionable marketing support. When we worked together at the Landmark Trust, Lucy provided valuable advice on direct and email marketing and website development.
Helen Hartstein, Head of Audience Development at The Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery
Lucy’s experience in membership and loyalty scheme has helped Southbank Centre to dramatically grow its membership base as well as improve retention and renewal rates to levels in excess of 90%.
Chris Denton, Director of Communications, Southbank Centre
I reveal hidden income streams and dramatically energise engagement for arts and non-profit organisations. I do this in five main ways:
1) Acting as the matchmaker between marketing and fundraising to create new lines of income
2) Increasing global reach to develop audiences in new territories and bring new international new audiences to you
3) Increasing audience bravery, encouraging audiences to release their inner child and try something new
4) Increasing audience engagement, making audiences need you, not just want you
5) Project managing organisational change projects which combine audience and donor development, fundraising and market research.
I enable organisations to reach their potential through employing the best, most streamlined tactics possible. Working in this streamlined way places me as your navigator to lead the way, putting in the lion’s share of the work, to ensure that your journey from project start to project success is as effortless as possible.
I am a freelance arts marketing consultant with over 15 years experience working in the industry. Prior to becoming freelance, I spent 12 years at Sadler’s Wells where I lead the marketing for the venue’s in house productions on tour both nationally and internationally. I was also marketing lead on two strategic tours for Breakin’ Convention, and for the National Youth Dance Company.
Areas of specialism include but are not limited to:
– Marketing planning for touring
– Venue liaison
– Digital campaigns
– Website briefing
– Design and print experience (including brochures and programmes)
– Marketing consultation
Current and past freelance clients include:
Aakash Odedra Company
Joss Arnott Dance (Emergence)
Nikki & JD
Pavilion Dance South West
Remarkable Productions (for Croydon International Mela and London Mela)
Surf the Wave
I am a trustee on the board of Hornsey Town Hall Trust, a buildings conservation trust set up to help secure a future of the iconic north London building.
In my spare time, I am a keen amateur photographer and member of Muswell Hill Photographic Society where I hold the position of Co-President.
Hannah has experience working with venues, composers, choirs, orchestras, musicians and music charities, leading creative marketing campaigns for numerous concerts outside of traditional spaces, including warehouses, pubs, clubs, museums, hospitals and prisons.
Specialising in social media, Hannah has managed the digital presence for many music organisations and artists including choral composer John Rutter. Her production credits include classical club nights and contemporary classical gigs in pubs for Nonclassical. Her alter ego is the Founder & CEO of London Flashmob, which sees her creating quirky pop-ups from wedding proposals to cultural pranks, including the London Undersound – a participatory audio adventure through the streets of Soho.
I’m a freelancer working across the UK with museums, libraries, galleries, theatres and heritage organisations.
With over eighteen years’ experience in the sector, I provide tactical and strategic support in:
– independent exploratory research and consultation
– marketing and communication
– audience development planning.
I’m also a qualified trainer and facilitator.
Previous clients include: National Trust, London Transport Museum, Manchester Art Gallery, More Music, Macclesfield Museums, Manchester International Festival, Rosehill Theatre, Royal Exchange Theatre, St Helens Libraries, Salford Libraries, Wirral Libraries, Leeds Libraries, Arts Council England, National Museums Liverpool plus many more.
I can help with any nature writing/arts project, and offer training in writing and poetry for the page and stage. My aim is to help participants think and communicate in a clear and authentic way, bringing beauty and reflection to daily life, and inspiring action. Available for poetry commissions to use in brand storytelling.
I offer poetry/ training in writing and communication skills to inspire confidence and help participants feel more confident about speaking to the room/ bespoke poetry on commission. Please get in touch if you have an idea or project.
Having graduated in 2009 with a Theatre & Performances Studies degree from the University of Warwick, my passion for the arts took me to a role as Marketing Officer for the Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds in 2010, leaving in 2015 as Head of Department. From 2015 – 2016 I worked for Tara Arts and managed the marketing, sales and branding strategy for the reopening of the new Tara Theatre.
Since November 2016, I have been working as a freelance Arts Marketing consultant and manager on strategy development, tour marketing, branding and digital strategy and implementation for producing companies. Currently working as Communications Manager for the Original Theatre Company and HOME Slough with projects for Cahoots Theatre Company, The Production Exchange, Park Theatre, Southwark Playhouse and The Other Palace. Emma also runs the marketing module for the MA in Creative Producing at Mountview Academy of Theatre Arts with course leader Chris Grady.
Over the last 8 years Emma has worked on 10 national tours including Mansfield Park (Theatre Royal Bury St Edmunds); Three Men In A Boat, Invincible, Monogamy (Original Theatre Company, 2015, 2016 & Brits Off Broadway); The Diary of a Hounslow Girl, Hamlet (Black Theatre Live); Emma (The Production Exchange) as well as London runs Paradise of the Assassins (Tara Arts); The Roundabout, Deny, Deny, Deny, Twitstorm, Twilight Song (Cahoots Theatre Company/Park Theatre); Hamlet (Gyles Brandreth), Secondary Victim, There or Here, Schism, Beruit, Peter Pan (Park Theatre), Bananaman (Southwark Playhouse), Ghost About The House (Kings Head Theatre) For King and Country (Southwark Playhouse) and Murder For Two (The Other Palace).
Experienced in assessing potential in arts organisations, creative businesses, charities and museums.
We work with organisations keen to increase income, build organisational strategy, practical plans and the teams, Boards and culture to achieve strategic goals. We have over 20 years experience of assessing, transforming and the developing arts organisations, Museums and creative businesses.
All our work is tailored to your needs whether it is a complete strategic review or a part of that process. We think holistically and focus to make sure you get the input and outcomes you need to achieve your goals.
Louise Emerson has created value in the cultural sector in Museums, Arts Centres, Festivals and Creative companies; all with different cultures and personalities – some small and some large – and at very different stages in their development. She is experienced at looking at the whole organisation and has experience in fundraising and membership, as well as, a wide range of commercial mechanisms, negotiation with partners, managing change and developing culture.
Income Generation audits
Strategic reviews and plans
New business identification & development
Board Development and Governance
Increasing team engagement; enhancing performance
Louise Emerson is also a Coach and Mentor working with individuals transiting to higher level positions, keen to figure out how to deal with particular relationships, building team performance, advancing an organisation through change and development, reshaping your future or simply wanting to make the most of what you have
take the current also unlocks the full potential that is inherent in your team so that you retain and motivate the most valuable resource you have – your people. Coaching is a powerful and enduring way to get the best from individuals. A period of Coaching can build insight, confidence and creativity which is particular important for new structures, change, promotion or role change, culture change, testing times and individual development. Louise has coached in Museums, Pharmaceutical Industry, BBC, Hospitality industry, Artists, Theatres and Charities.
As an experienced marketing and communications professional who has worked with and for a wide range of arts organisations spanning over 20 years, I challenge organisations to think about their approach to audiences from both the inside and out.
The significant success I have achieved in audience development and segmentation – Test Drive the Arts programme, a cutting edge Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and segmentation strategy: Audience Builder and many other ground-breaking audience development programmes many of which have been widely disseminated and copied across the UK and Europe – means I can draw on that experience to create bespoke, creative and strategic audience focused solutions that provide efficient delivery and value for money. My approach includes new technology consultancy and project management providing the systems solutions to deliver organisational CRM strategies.
Made by Marketing offers freelance marketing consultancy to cultural organisations, museums and visitor destinations.
– brand identity development
– marketing strategy
– marketing implementation (e.g. copywriting, managing web site design & build/ print, social etc)
– facilitating workshops to help clients’ overcome marketing challenges (e.g. from identifying brand values to generating fresh ideas)
My pure passion, 22 years of experience and flexible approach provide clients with practical, creative marketing support that delivers. I love working in the cultural sector and helping clients communicate more effectively in order to reach their objectives.
Current and recent clients include: Royal Society of Sculptors, British Museum, Visit Cornwall, youth music charity NYMAZ and a European-funded project for the county councils of Pembrokeshire, Carmarthenshire and Ceredigion. I previously led the consortium responsible for marketing South Bank, London, as a destination.
I am a member of the Arts Marketing Association and Association of Independent Museums.
A Chartered Marketer with over 25 years of marketing experience in both the private and public sector, responsible for leading the all-Wales audience development and marketing team for museums, archives and libraries (2007-2017) developing a range of innovative campaigns and initiatives, significantly bucking the national UK trend in library memberships in 2012-13.
Presenter at various conferences including CILIP Cymru, Comms Cymru. Skilled at integrating national campaigns and marketing/advocacy with local corporate priorities, engaging varied stakeholders, developing new partnerships and spotting opportunities for collaborative working. Great at thinking outside the box and challenging the ‘always done it like that’ attitude.
Happy to work with people at all levels from volunteers to board members, delivering workshops or seminars and love working with new people!