We know freelancing places different demands on you than working as an employee, so we offer a freelance member package.
AMA has around 2000 members working with arts and cultural organisations to make better connections with audiences. We support, develop and connect our members through resources, networking and events. We now offer a freelancer membership, designed to help you build your contacts and get the most out of AMA membership.
- List services in our publicly viewable Freelance Directory
- Join our Freelancers email discussion group, to share knowledge and ask questions of other freelancers
- Free access to member training webinars
- Enjoy AMA resources
- Get member discounts and priority booking
Freelance membership is open to freelancers who are self-employed for just £70 per year.
Develop your profile
- Freelance members can list services in our online directory
- Plus get support and job opportunities in our freelancer email discussion group
- Share examples of your work/case studies with our network
- We’ll put you in touch with your Regional Associate, your local contact point for regional meetings.
- Regional meetings are free for members
- Access member-only Early-Bird priority booking for events
- Discounted freelancer rate for Conference and other day events
- Member discounts on standard rates
- Member-only resources on our website include:
- back issues of JAM, the Journal of Arts Marketing
- video highlights of past events
- online training videos
- Plus members get editions of JAM to their inbox
“My predecessor left a note saying the first thing you must do is join the AMA so I did, and I’ve never looked back.”
Head of Communications
Kettle’s Yard Gallery
“As someone who is reasonably new to freelancing, my listing on the AMA’s Freelancers Directory has proved to be valuable. One of my current clients contacted me after viewing my listing online — after initial conversations and a trial period of working together we have developed a solid working relationship and they have employed me for a six month contract. “
Freelance Marketing & Digital Professional