This webinar will introduce you to the (free) Google Data Studio tool and offers suggestions for using the interactive dashboards effectively at your organisation.
Google Data Studio dashboards are particularly helpful during COVID and remote working situations for two main reasons:
- They help measure progress toward goals, which ensures that we are optimising our efforts (especially when we’re short on time/staffing/budget)
- They help communicate goals and metrics to our colleagues (notably when they can check in on the dashboard on their own time or when we’re not in the same office together)
This session will:
- Show you how to create and plan your dashboard in Data Studio
- Enable you to connect new data sources to your dashboard
- Explore how to add and apply settings to the most frequently needed charts
- Help you understand the Data Studio’s advanced capabilities and when you might need to use them
During this webinar there will be time for hands-on experience with Google Data Studio based on data in a Google Sheet. To practice building your own Google Data Studio during this webinar, you will need a Gmail account in order to log in to datastudio.google.com.
Who will benefit the most from this session?
Those with a basic understanding of Google Analytics. Having a basic familiarity with Google sheets will also be helpful.
How do I take part?
We will be using an online training platform called WebEx for this event.
Before booking, please complete our online training checklist to ensure you get the most out of this training.
Non-members: £55 + VAT
Please note: if you are part of a Team membership, please select the ‘Team Member Rate with Training Pass’ when booking.
Devon Smith | Co-founder | Measure Creative
Devon is the co-founder of Measure Creative, a 2-person digital studio based in Portland, Oregon that helps non-profit organisations understand their audiences and become better storytellers.
She was formerly the director of analytics at Threespot, with a portfolio of clients including the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Ford’s Theatre, and the Smithsonian. She has been a featured speaker at dozens of arts and technology conferences across the US, UK, and Australia, and has been an AMA CultureHive mentor for the past three years.
Speaker image courtesy of Devon Smith