The Basics of Budgeting
15 February, 2022 @ 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm
This webinar explores the what, why and how to plan your budgeting, with a focus on small organisations or teams.
It will take you through the essentials of budgeting including:
- The tools available — spreadsheets, accounts programmes, account coding
- Articulation of your business / marketing plan in numbers
- Types of budget — estimating costs or knowing set budget
- Different types of income
- Cash flow projections
- Budget vs reality — monitoring and the impacts on your project
Attendees will leave with a greater sense of confidence in managing budgets or seeking advice when needed.
This session will:
- Explore where budgeting fits into the planning process
- Offer ideas for managing complex or multi-organisation / project budgets
- Provide tips on good budget reporting
- Help you understand the difference between projections and reality / cash flow
- Outline processes that can be helpful including creating set free structure and annual percentage increases
Who will benefit the most from this session?
Anyone that works for a small organisation or in a small team who would like to feel confident in budget planning and reporting.
How do I take part?
We will be using an online training platform called WebEx for this event.
Before booking, please complete our online training checklist to ensure you get the most out of this training.
Non-members: £55 + VAT
Please note: if you are part of a Team membership, please select the ‘Team Member Rate with Training Pass’ when booking.
Interested in becoming a member?
Members can access a great range of benefits, including free webinars.
Membership starts from just £70 + VAT per year or free for 3 months if you are between jobs.
Rebecca Doggett | Director | Finch
Rebecca is a creative thinker, passionate about supporting and empowering others. She has over 17 years’ experience working across the arts and creative industries in programming, development, festival management, producing, marketing and operations.
She has recently launched her business Finch, empowering others through business support and perinatal education.
A self-confessed spreadsheet geek, she relishes bringing organisation to budgets big and small, as well as wrangling year end accounts, reporting regularly to trustees and being a proactive trustee herself.