Standing on the right side of history: Anti-racism in the arts
After the resurgence of the Black Lives Matter movement in June 2020, a lot of organisations made the promise to become anti-racist and more inclusive. Eight months on, as the industry tries to piece itself together after a tumultuous year, are these promises being kept? Join this meeting to hear about positive changes made in the industry and to have an honest talk about how your organisation can become a social justice ally.
We will be discussing such topics as:
- How to make audiences feel welcome
- Correct terminology to use
- Writing copy: what not to write
- Avoiding racial moral compasses within the organisation
- BLM and appropriate response from an organisation
- Navigating awkward conversations with colleagues
This meeting will be hosted by an AMA London Regional Associate and supported by HdK.
AMA regional meetings are a great chance to meet, connect and learn with arts and cultural professionals in your region.
How do I take part?
We will be using an online meeting platform called WebEx for this event. Before booking, please complete our online training checklist to ensure you get the most out of this meeting.
- AMA Member rate: FREE
- AMA Team Member rate: FREE
- Non-Member: £5 inc VAT
Please note: if you are part of a group/Team membership, please select the ‘Team Member Rate’ when booking.