We want to make everything we do as accessible to as many people as possible.
For our online conference this year, this means:
- every programmed session will have captions — either auto-captioned or live-captioned in the session
- we’ll aim to share as much information as possible in advance of the day, to give you time to process the information
- we’ll work to ensure that any videos shared during the event are fully subtitled in advance
- we brief all of our speakers about creating accessible presentations, e.g. slides
- we schedule regular breaks throughout our online conference. With at least one break per hour of content, we aim to reduce screen-fatigue as much as we can.
- we provide places funded by bursaries, thanks to the support of sponsors and partner organisations, so as many people or organisations who might otherwise not have budget to attend can still join us
- we provide a clear code of conduct to all attendees ahead of the event to make sure that our conference is a place where people feel safe to take part, and understand what behaviours are expected, and what will not be tolerated
We have an access budget for specific access requirements
If you’re an attendee who would benefit from additional support, we have funds available for that purpose. Get in touch with email@example.com if you’d benefit from this. You can also use this email address to get in touch with any suggestions on how we can make our event more accessible, or if you have any questions about AMA and accessibility.