Did you know there are over 40,000 arts and culture organisations with 10 or fewer employees in the UK? Collectively, those organisations represent a rich and important part of the UK’s cultural sector.
We’re working to raise awareness of the work of Small Organisations during August – with what we’re calling #SmallOrgAug – keep an eye on our Twitter feed for more details or sign up for our newsletter. Plus as well as sharing knowledge through connecting members, we are working to deliver resources that small organisations, and those working in them, can create the conditions for success.
To celebrate #SmallOrgAug, we’re launching a new Small Organisation rate for organisations which meet two of the following criteria – fewer than 10 individuals /turnover of less than £632k / £316,000 or less on its balance sheet (a.k.a. what HMRC calls a ‘micro-entity’). You can see further details here – plus join in August and take advantage of our launch discount!
Below, we’ve collated some free resources designed to support your work:
- This Way Up: A practical hands-on guide to writing a marketing plan and building audiences, aimed at small scale organisations
- Case study: Cultural Spring helped small arts groups become legally constituted organisations
- Innovation in fundraising: lessons and tales of small organisations’ experiences
- Small-scale Development Programme Video: How rethinking audience development strategy allowed Tomorrow’s Warriors to tackle inequality
- Session notes: Fundraising in smaller organisations offering contemporary art experiences
We’ll be sharing case studies and more resources all month – follow us on Twitter or register for updates to make sure you don’t miss out – plus if you have your own case studies and tips to share, let us know and we can raise awareness of your work: firstname.lastname@example.org