The Arts Marketing Association’s members are responsible for marketing, communications and audience development.
The AMA helps member organisations and individuals with training, networking and resources.
By doing this, we upskill the sector to enable more audiences to access and benefit from arts and heritage.
Since 1992 we’ve welcomed tens of thousands of members, and trained thousands more.
In 2018 we became an Arts Council England Sector Support Organisation, but we work across the UK and beyond.
- An audience-focused approach is at the heart of success
- A skilled and valued workforce builds a resilient sector
- Investing in training enables better quality connections with audience
- Sharing knowledge supports individuals and organisations
- The cultural sector cannot succeed unless it is inclusive to all: internally as well as externally
- Training, Networking & Events: AMA members get free webinar training across the year, free regional networking meetings, and reduced rates on other events, e.g. workshops, AMA Conference and day events like Inclusivity & Audiences Day.
- Programmes: AMA runs a number of programmes on a regular basis, taking cohorts on transformational journeys ranging from expanding digital capabilities (MicroDigital) to breaking through barriers to inclusivity (Breakthrough).
- Bespoke services: Bespoke ranges from a one-off webinar to more comprehensive support, tailored to your needs. We can also provide Digital Stage Management to support you in running your own events online.
- Funded Projects: We work with funders to run programmes and projects like Digital Heritage Lab, funded by National Lottery Heritage Fund, and Small Scale Development Programe, funded by Arts Council England.
- Resources: AMAculturehive is packed full of resources and insights. We also offer a Freelance Directory, Service Provider Hub, as well as exclusive research and articles in our Members’ Area.
- 86% of members say that AMA makes a difference to their work
- Member satisfaction is rated 4.1 out of 5
- Usefulness of AMA webinars and workshops rated 4.2 out of 5 for 2021 season (Apr – Jun)
- 83% of members renew year on year
- AMAculturehive website resources are viewed over 100,000 times a year
Our members say
The AMA offers both practical and strategic training, which I have found invaluable.
The skills I have learnt over the last 12 months have been transformational in my confidence to move forward with our digital activities.
Through AMA training, my team has been able to rapidly increase their skills in key technical areas, such as digital production and digital marketing. This adds enormous value to our work, and has increased the impact of our marketing
The CultureHive resource remains an essential source of information for me and my team.
The more strategic courses have enabled me to play more of a role in forward planning, setting new strategies for my department whilst also giving me the knowledge and skills needed to enact organisational change.