With less than 4 months to go until the AMA heads to NewcastleGateshead for AMA conference 2019 — Rewire: culture, audiences and you, now is the perfect time to bag your place at one of the biggest events in the cultural sector’s calendar.
There are discounted rates available for AMA members, including Freelancer and Small Organisation members, plus 35 bursaries available that cover up to 100% of your delegate cost, but why should you part with your budget to come and join us?
1. Theme: Rewire — culture, audiences and you
This year’s theme is about making better connections. Creating collaborations that are greater than the sum of their parts and realising stronger relationships with audiences.
To bridge gaps, join up our thinking and move away from silos, we need to get creative and have some honest conversations. How can we do this constructively? How do we explore the skills and innovation needed to ensure our organisations can respond to change?
- Come away feeling inspired — session topics include culture-led regeneration, co-production and placing audiences at the heart of your organisation
- Gain new skills and perspectives — you could gain confidence in your communication skills at a practical workshop or learn from case studies on social media success and writing for digital platforms
- Create connections with your peers — join forces with your peers in group exercises
- Discover new ways to connect with your audiences — and discover how organisational partnerships can create new and exciting ways of connecting with more diverse audiences
2. Over 50 Speakers
2019 will play host to international speakers, experts from across the UK and inspirational marketers who are already practicing what they preach.
- Learn from speakers who are experts on a variety of topics and take away practical tips to implement in your organisation — from poets to strategists, cultural producers to content designers, our speaker line-up offers something for everyone
- Gain inspiration from your peers — from organisations such as Tate, Curious Arts and Peak
- Receive up to date, practical training from people who have first hand experience — thinking about creating a pop-up event? Penguin Random House and gal-dem have you covered. Interested in cities, towns or boroughs of culture? Sam Hunt from Waltham Forest, London Borough of Culture 2019 will share his experiences (to offer just two examples)
- The conference sessions are suited to a variety of learning styles, from intimate breakouts to conceptual keynotes
3. A variety of ways to get involved
There’s much more to AMA conference than the great mix of inspiring keynotes and breakout sessions. You’ll also have the opportunity to take part in:
- Rewire: the culture debate — have your say on some of the most important issues impacting the cultural sector today
- The Big Marketing Challenge — join a team, get collaborating and stretch your imagination to solve a creative challenge posed by the facilitator in just 75 minutes
- Freelancer lunch — whether you’re already a freelancer, freelance consultant or you’re simply thinking about going it alone, come along to our Freelancer lunch for networking, support and advice
- Ideas Lab — work with your peers to help find the solution to one of the cultural sector’s biggest challenges
- AMA Connect Pods — ask the experts for support with your own personal and organisational challenges
- Exhibition — discover some of the sector’s leading suppliers and what they can offer you
4. Connect with your peers
AMA conference 2019 offers you the chance to meet and collaborate with over 400 professionals from across the cultural sector, based throughout the UK.
- Make connections and partnerships through networking — discover how partnerships can offer access to new audiences and then get the ball rolling by creating your own
- Stay up to date with the sector — keep up to speed with best practice, new innovations and strategical considerations
- Have face to face, meaningful conversations with your peers — put faces to the names of people you connect with digitally throughout your working week
5. Food and social events
AMA conference 2019 isn’t just about what you’ll learn, it’s about what you’ll experience too.
- Lunch and refreshments are covered in the cost of your conference place
- A variety of social options are available to delegates to experience the local arts and culture scene
- Make new friends and connect with old ones in an exciting setting
6. In NewcastleGateshead
- Spend two days in a vibrant cultural city
- Great location and easy to get to with lots of train connections and an airport
- Allow yourself time away from the day-to-day
For more information and to book your place, please visit the AMA conference 2019 web page.