Fundraising and marketing together
Are you a marketer working with a fundraiser in the same arts, culture or heritage organisation? Perhaps you’re a fundraiser who works closely with your marketing team?
Bring your shared ambition to shape a bespoke programme for you and your colleague.
We’re looking for marketers and fundraisers working together in organisations in England to take part in an exciting new action research project, Shared Ambition — fundraising and marketing together, managed by the AMA in partnership with Baker Richards as part of the Arts Fundraising and Philanthropy programme.
“We’re excited to be delivering this programme in partnership with the AMA, helping fundraisers and marketers to deliver measurable impact for their organisations through collaboration, and sharing the findings with the sector.”
Director, Baker Richards
You will receive
- 2.5 day intensive residential programme for both marketer and fundraiser to attend, including all accommodation and food
- Follow up Skype meetings with the facilitators for both marketer and fundraiser to help put into practice your learning from the residential and drive forward your project
- Highly-tailored training based on the challenges and opportunities you are facing as marketers and fundraisers working together
- Thousands of pounds worth of professional development at a fraction of the cost
- AMA membership for one year (if you’re not already a member)
In return for
- £275 +VAT per organisation
- Your participation in a practice review session, held at your organisation with the research team (Baker Richards)
- Your commitment to attend the residential training for 2.5 days (w/c 9 October 2017)
- Your contribution to case studies, interviews, a research report and videos documenting the findings of your project / experiment via CultureHive and beyond.
If you are interested in taking part please download the application form and information pack at the top of this page.
Completed application forms should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on Monday 12 June.
- Who is it for? Marketers and fundraisers working together in arts, culture and heritage organisations in England
- Programme: 3 phases including 2.5 day residential, week commencing 9 October 2017 (exact dates tbc)
- Cost: £275 +VAT per organisation (includes all food and accommodation at the residential, training throughout the programme and a 12-month AMA membership)
- Questions? Contact email@example.com or phone 01223 578078
“Whilst there is evidence that marketing and development teams are working more closely together, there is a need to understand the motivations for this, the challenges in achieving this and the real impacts of this way of working.”
“We hope that Shared Ambition — fundraising and marketing together will establish some guidance to share sector-wide about the considerable income generation opportunities that can emerge from better collaboration between marketing and fundraising teams.”
Phase 1 — review
Help shape the future of the sector by participating in our practice review to explore how marketers and fundraisers work together, the benefits of this approach and the challenges you face.
Phase 2 — residential
A bespoke 2.5 day residential programme based on the findings from Phase 1, for you and your colleague, to include:
- Tools and frameworks and how best to use them to help shape your thinking
- High level training in effective organisational culture, latest strategic thinking and the role of fundraising and marketing in a resilient business model
- Coaching from experienced facilitators
Phase 3 — follow up support
One-to-one Skype mentoring for you and your colleague with one of the facilitators from the programme to help you embed the learning from the residential.