Become an AMA member
People come to us to learn how to make better connections and achieve more impact in their work with audiences. Whether those audiences are visitors, participants, donors, customers or communities, membership of the AMA is here to help support you.
The AMA membership is made up of over 2000 members. Our members work in marketing, communications and fundraising across cultural organisations including art centres, theatres, museums, galleries, festivals and more.
You can join as an individual member, or you can join as a group of 4 or more. We also have memberships designed for freelancers, and small organisations – with ten or fewer staff and classed as a ‘micro-entity’ by HMRC.
“The AMA connected me with leading minds and expertise on audience development and leadership through the Future Proof Museums programme and supported my growth in confidence to work towards achieving my ambitions…. They platformed my voice and my thoughts, challenged and stretched me to push through my barriers and reflect on my future trajectory.”
Thanh Sinden, Museum Detox
Benefits of AMA membership
Get resources and the latest thinking
- Member-only resources on our website include:
- back issues of JAM, the Journal of Arts Marketing
- video highlights from past events
- online training videos and tools
- Plus members get copies of JAM posted out
Get training, support and new skills
- Member only training and screencasts
- Member-only support – join our mentoring scheme (fee applies)
- Member-only opportunities – e.g. as a member representative
Exclusive member discounts
- Member discounts on training and events
- Priority booking for our most in-demand events
- Discount for member organisations advertising jobs
- Network with peers at free regional meetings
- Connect with your local Regional Member Rep
- Freelance members can list services in our online directory
- Join our email discussion groups for freelancers and Small Organisations
What level of membership is right for me?
Individual membership is based on career stage, and is staggered from £75 +VAT. Group membership starts from £418+VAT for a group of four people.
Freelancer membership is £70+VAT for 12 months and includes a listing in our freelancer directory, access to our freelancer email discussion group plus event discounts, member resources and free regional meetings.
Small Organisation membership includes individual membership for one named person and event discounts for two named colleagues, for £150+VAT per year.
If you’re not sure which membership is right for you, Matt and Ciara in our membership team are happy to advise: call 01223 578078.
“It’s a great platform and network… there’s a whole lot of learning that can be done through the AMA.”
National Theatre Wales
“My predecessor left a note saying the first thing you must do is join the AMA so I did, and I’ve never looked back.”
Head of Communications
Kettle’s Yard Gallery
“The AMA has helped me develop my skills and my career through the things they offer”
Head of Marketing & Communications
Theatr Genedlaethol Cymru