Latest News – August 2016
We are delighted to announce that we are a successful recipient of further Arts Council England funding for Future Proof Museums. More details can be found on the Arts Council England website.
If you are interested in taking part in a future cohort of the programme please register your interest here.
Focuses on a diagnostic session to help you and your team identify future opportunities.
Each museum taking part in the Future Proof Museums programme will start by exploring their future direction as a team together with one of our specialist trainers.
This will take place within your museum to enable a range of people to take part; to explore different perspectives across the organisation and to highlight areas of agreement as well as those that might be contradictory.
Is a three day intensive residential programme.
The Museum Director from each participating organisation will join us for a residential programme to explore a strategic change toolkit for their museum.
Areas of work at the residential will include:
- Defining your museum’s cause – the difference it makes to the world
- Exploring the story of your museum and mapping its direction of travel
- Visualising your current business model, it’s strengths and weaknesses
- Exploring how to innovate around the model and prototype new directions
- Analysing your leadership style and organisational culture
- Exploring how to manage change successfully and overcome resistance within your organisation
Offers participating museums on-going mentoring and facilitation support.
Different leaders will have different areas of the programme that they want to focus on and take forwards; the AMA will work closely with you to craft a suitable level of on-going, high-level support which could include one, or a mix of, the following:
- Facilitated sessions in your museum
- Senior management team leadership development (including Firo-B surveys)
- Face-to-face mentoring
- Online mentoring
Image courtesy of Museum of Science and Industry (c) Chris Foster