Focuses on a diagnostic session to help you and your team identify future opportunities.
Each museum taking part in the Future Proof Museums programme will start by exploring their future direction as a team together with one of our specialist trainers.
This will take place within your museum to enable a range of people to take part; to explore different perspectives across the organisation and to highlight areas of agreement as well as those that might be contradictory.
Is a three day intensive residential programme at the Moller Centre, Cambridge on 14-16 September 2015.
The Museum Director from each participating organisation will join us for a residential programme to explore a strategic change toolkit for their museum.
Areas of work at the residential will include:
- Defining your museum’s cause – the difference it makes to the world
- Exploring the story of your museum and mapping its direction of travel
- Visualising your current business model, it’s strengths and weaknesses
- Exploring how to innovate around the model and prototype new directions
- Analysing your leadership style and organisational culture
- Exploring how to manage change successfully and overcome resistance within your organisation
Offers participating museums on-going mentoring and facilitation support.
Different leaders will have different areas of the programme that they want to focus on and take forwards; the AMA will work closely with you to craft a suitable level of on-going, high-level support which could include one, or a mix of, the following:
- Facilitated sessions in your museum
- Senior management team leadership development (including Firo-B surveys)
- Face-to-face mentoring
- Online mentoring
Image courtesy of Museum of Science and Industry (c) Chris Foster