Contribute to our 360° Diversity Strategy
The AMA is currently updating our equality plan, developing a 360° Diversity and Inclusion Strategy which will explore all areas of the AMA and our work.
This is at a very early, idea generation stage at this point, but we wanted to signal our intent and highlight the fact that we believe that this should be informed by as many different voices and opinions as possible across the membership and the wider sector. It will include:
- internal factors such as enhancing the diversity of perspectives across our board, staff, member reps, and ambassadors
- reviewing and further developing membership diversity with specific projects and initiatives to reach underrepresented groups
- ensuring an inclusive, open approach to engaging members, delegates and participants across our full portfolio of activity
- continuing to expand the range of voices, perspectives and ideas being shared through our events, intensive programmes and editorial
- developing and expanding partnerships to open up new opportunities for the AMA and our members
- and reviewing our leadership role as the sector body for those working to engage the public with the arts, cultural and heritage sector, launching new initiatives designed to help members to develop and engage people across the whole of society with the arts and cultural sector – for an example, please see our recently launched Audience Diversity Academy
There is a lot we do well, but even more that we need to do better and this strategy will work with members to help us develop and shape that thinking to the benefit of the sector, the membership, their organisations and their audiences.
We will shortly be uploading an outline, draft headings and initial scope for this strategy and will be adding details of how you can get involved – watch this space for more information about how you might contribute to this important journey.
Image © AMA. Liverpool Everyman Theatre facade shuttering.