Become a board member
The AMA board comprises of 10 members and we are now holding an election for several of these places.
Over the last few years the AMA has launched a number of initiatives designed to empower the sector to drive real change to benefit organisations and their audiences e.g. Future Proof Museums, Audience Diversity Academy, Digital Marketing Academy, Building Resilience, Small Scale Development Programme.
We have recently released our 360 Diversity Strategy and this process is an opportunity for us to take this forward. We are particularly keen to hear from people who can help us to achieve the ambitions laid out in this strategy.
Candidates will need to have the organisational development skills required to act as effective board members e.g. skills and experience in financial strategy, leadership, and business planning.
To apply to stand in the election, you should:
- Be enthusiastic about the AMA vision and purpose, and keen to help the AMA further grow its membership and improve its impact;
- Be a paid up member;
- Have a proposer and a seconder who are both members;
- Return your nomination form by Wednesday 1st November 2017, 10.00 AM, to Christopher (see below for more information).
Timescale for 2017 election:
- 9 October: Opening of the board election applications 2017 – please click to download information pack and nomination form. Read the information pack carefully before filling in the nomination form to ensure you meet the requirements.
- 1 November: Deadline to stand for board election and to send nomination form back to Christopher (email@example.com).
- 6 – 27 November: Election takes place.
- 1 December: Election results announced at the AGM taking place during the Digital Marketing Day, on Friday 1st December at The Barbican, London. The results will also be shared on our website and on Twitter.
“Being an AMA board member was both important for my professional development and an opportunity to give time and knowledge to the AMA for the benefit of the wider membership to help drive and shape its future shape and direction.”
Director, HD Consulting and former AMA Board Member