What does digitally literate museum leadership look like?
14 February @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pm
Image: AMA Digital Marketing Day 2017 © Photographer Eleanor Howarth
What is it about?
How can museums and galleries thrive in the new attention economy and respond to changing audience behaviours? The opportunities around digital culture can be huge but it’s a fast-changing, multi-layered environment that is a challenge for many museums to exploit. A thriving, successful museum needs a digitally literate workforce that understands the ways in which digital technologies, content and culture can best serve their mission.
This one-day workshop for museum leadership will combine strategy, theory and expert insight with practical advice and peer support. Themes covered include:
- Digital literacy — what does this really mean for museums and why it matters
- Audiences — what impact is digital culture having on the relationships between audiences and museums
- Being experimental — how to drive evidence-based change through iterative practices
What will I gain?
- Improvement in your own digital literacy and understanding
- Fuller understanding of the opportunities around digital culture for your organisation
- A range of inspirational yet pragmatic and relatable case studies
- Practical next steps to implement in your organisation
- A new network of peers all tackling similar issues
- Signposting to free online resources to support you going forward
Who is it for?
This workshop is designed for senior leaders within museums, galleries and other arts settings.
Content and Partnerships Director
- AMA member rate: £95 + VAT
- Non-member rate: £125 + VAT