21 March, Proud Embankment, London
What is it about?
When it comes to copywriting, we all know we should show rather than tell. But we need to go even further to encourage audiences to feel the value of the experiences we offer them.
How do we conjure ideas, emotions and loyalty in an authentic way? How can the copy we create add value to the overall experience of an audience member?
Explore how to better connect emotionally with different audience members through your copy. Join us at Copywriting Day 2018 — getting to the heart of it for a day of inspirational and practical learning.
What will I gain?
- Top tips for communicating with different audiences
- Techniques for creating emotional value
- Increased confidence in your writing ability
Who is it for?
This intensive day is for those who create copy across any platform and in printed formats, whether you work in an organisation or as a freelancer. It’s for those looking for inspiration on how to communicate authentically with their audience. It will also be relevant for those where creating copy is a small part of their role, looking for top tips to feel more confident in their writing skills.
The full day event will run from 10am – 4.30pm. A detailed timetable will be available closer to the event.
- AMA member rate: £158 + VAT
- Non-member rate: £219 + VAT
What You Can Expect
Topics covered in Amy’s sessions include:
- How to write copy that gets attention, engages interest and compels people to take action
- Avoiding the common mistakes (that even copywriters make) that can damage sales or sign-ups
- Inject personality and energy into your sales copy without sounding over-the-top
- How to get people to act now without sounding pushy (or desperate)
- How to build anticipation by painting a vivid, compelling picture of your event or experience
- Writing strong headlines that stand out (and make people want to know more)
- A quick-fire checklist that tells you the strengths of your copy (and what to improve)
- A worksheet you can use again and again to help you write better copy, faster
- Productivity tips for getting you started so you can ‘beat the blank page’
Past delegates have said
- “Having been the first AMA event I’ve attended I thought it was very well organised and flowed really well. The content and speakers were great and I left feeling very inspired with lots of ideas to put into my work.”
— Ellen Richards, The Piece Hall Trust
- “It was a really useful day, thanks.”
- “Thoroughly enjoyable – full of great knowledge and wonderful speakers at a great venue — thank you.” — Gemma Nethersole, Worthing Theatres
- “Fantastic!” — Kath Lewin
- “Really enjoyed it! Thanks.” — Charlotte Ashcroft
You can also read more about the experience of a past attendee on the AMA blog.