Building Resilience online modules Terms and Conditions
In these Terms and Conditions, references to “AMA”, “us” or “our(s)” are references to the Arts Marketing Association. The company details of the AMA can be found at the end of these Terms and Conditions.
References to “you” or “your” are references to you, the user of the online module/s.
References to “the Online Module/s” are references to the online modules held at our partner site https://ama-wolffolins.bridgeapp.com/
References to “User Content” are references to any user generated content posted, attached or added to the Online Module/s including but not limited to any commentary, links, information, screenshots, photographs, pictures, videos, text, artwork posted to the modules.
References to “Intellectual Property Rights” are references to any copyright, trademarks, design rights or other intellectual property rights existing from time to time.
Your use of the Online Module/s constitutes acceptance of the following Terms and Conditions.
The AMA reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions without notice. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions regularly. Your continued use of these Online Module/s after amendments are made means you accept the Terms and Conditions as updated.
Except as permitted in these Terms and Conditions, you may not alter the Online Module/s in any way or do anything that might or will damage or disrupt the good working order of the Online Module/s or our equipment or software.
- Payment must be received by the AMA before we can send you details to access the Online Module/s. Invoice option is not available for the Online Module/s. Online Module/s need to be paid online via (a-m-a.co.uk or www.culturehive.co.uk) or you can call +44 (0)1223 578078 to pay by phone with a credit / debit card.
- Online Module/s users will receive a 100% refund or a credit note (as applicable) if the AMA office receives written notification of cancellation within 14 days providing the user has not yet logged in to the Online Module/s.
- No refund or credit note will be issued for cancellations received after the user has logged in to the Online Module/s or after 14 days following the booking.
- The booking may be transferred to another person within the same organisation at any point, providing the user has not logged in to the Online Module/s. To transfer the booking, please contact us at email@example.com.
- No booking may be transferred to another person once the user has logged in to the Online Module/s.
- On completion of payment, you will receive an email with a link to the purchased screencast. The link is personal to you and must not be shared with others.
No contract will exist between you and the AMA for the purchase of any Online Module/s via the AMA websites (www.a-m-a.co.uk or www.culturehive.co.uk), until you have received written confirmation from the AMA (by e-mail or post).
The AMA does not hold any credit / debit card data. All credit / debit card sales made online are passed through www.WorldPay.com to enable maximum security of your details. All transactions are encrypted using 128 bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) architecture (dependent on browser support), and are signed using Thawte digital certificates.
Your information, usernames and passwords
You agree to only provide current, complete and accurate information to AMA when you use the Online Module/s.
You agree to keep secret any password you use in relation to the Online Module/s and not let any other person or organisation use it. You agree to notify us immediately of any suspected misuse of your password and/or username.
Term of subscription
The AMA will make the Online Module/s available to you for a period of 12 months following your purchase date, providing this date does not go beyond 30th June 2018.
If purchasing the Online Module/s after 30th June 2017 you acknowledge that the fee will be paid in full and not pro-rated to reflect the reduced period of access. i.e. if purchasing modules for 1 June or 1 September event you will only have access until 30th June 2018.
Following the expiry of term of use of the Online Module/s, users right to access and use the Online Module/s and the learning content shall cease with immediate effect unless the user chooses to purchase access to the Online Module/s again for a subsequent term.
All proprietary rights and Intellectual Property Rights in the Online Module/s, including all design, text and graphics, as well as the underlying source code (BUT not including any User Content added in the form of user comment boxes as user-generated content), is owned by AMA or third parties.
AMA permits you to copy and to print in hard copy sections of the Online Module/s but only to the extent that is necessary for the purpose of placing an order with the AMA and/or using the Online Module/s as a personal training purposes as a professional development resource. If AMA contacts you and requests you stop using any sections of the Online Module/s for any reason(s), you agree to do so immediately.
Except as permitted by these Terms and Conditions, other use of materials (including all content and User Content) on this Online Module/s, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, creating derivative works, or republication in any form or media is strictly prohibited, without the prior written permission of AMA.
This Online Module/s contains the networking services with a User Content comment boxes designed to enable users to communicate and learn from one another.
If you set up a user profile, or upload any User Content to the Online Module/s, or otherwise use the Online Module/s, you agree to accept the following network rules at all times:
(a) You must not post or upload any User Content or use the Online Module/s in a way that breaches any law.
(b) You must not post or upload any User Content or use the Online Module/s in a way that is offensive, discriminatory, threatening, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, harassing, false, misleading or unreliable, or that brings or is likely to bring the Online Module/s or the AMA into disrepute.
(c) You agree to not contribute User Content that will infringe another user’s, organisation’s or person’s rights (including rights of privacy or publicity).
(d) The AMA moderates no User Content posted to the Online Module/s. The AMA accepts no responsibility for any User Content, but reserves the right to remove/edit any User Content at any time.
(e) You are wholly responsible for all User Content posted by you on the Online Module/s
(f) Please let us know immediately by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org if any of these rules are broken by you or other users, or if you have any concerns about material posted to the Online Module/s.
(g) Using your access to the Online Module/s to send unsolicited bulk email or spam, or sell or buy any goods or services for any business purpose, is forbidden, unless the AMA gives you permission to do so.
(h) We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Online Module/s and/or your membership of the AMA immediately at any time.
(i) We reserve the right to edit, or require you to edit, User Content posted to the Online Module/s at any time.
(k) If your use of the Online Module/s, uploading of User Content or breach of these Terms and Conditions creates losses for AMA, you will compensate AMA for all its losses (including direct and indirect losses, and all costs and damages).
(l) If your access to the Online Module/s is terminated or suspended for any reason, you must not access the Online Module/s or join to become a member of AMA without our prior written consent.
User content and links to third parties
The Online Module/s provides contact details of third parties and links to other websites or resources. The AMA does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources.
The AMA is committed to protecting your privacy, and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of your information very seriously.
AMA may collect personal information from you when you use AMA websites (www.a-m-a.co.uk or www.culturehive.co.uk) and / or when you use the Online Module/s. This includes, but is not limited to, when you:
- sign up to an Online Module/s;
• join AMA as a member;
• contribute material or post User Content to the AMA websites (including on our the Online Module/s);
• enquire about the Online Module/s, our services and/or about AMA;
• use our services offered or facilitated through the Online Module/s;
• buy products or services through the AMA websites (www.a-m-a.co.uk or www.culturehive.co.uk);
• request or share information through the Online Module/s;
• register for any of our mailing lists or events;
• contact us through the Online Module/s, or in any other way.
This personal information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- your name (including your first name(s) and surname);
• your email address;
• your address;
• other details about you that you or others provide to us; and
• any personal information included in User Content that you provide to the Online Module/s.
Your personal information will only be used and/or stored by us to:
- process your requests;
• respond to your questions or comments;
• provide or administer activities relating to AMA, or services through the Online Module/s;
• display any content you have provided on the Online Module/s;
• process your bookings or orders you make;
• provide you with information relating to AMA, the Online Module/s or our services, or that we feel may be of interest to you;
• maintain our organisational records;
• carry out research or prepare reports and/or carry out marketing evaluation; and
• supply your information to third parties as described below.
Any personal information that you provide when you use the Online Module/s may be shared with the following persons/organisations:
- companies or organisations that are carrying out work on the Online Module/s on the AMA’s behalf, including, but not limited to our third party partners Wolff Olins and their third party technology provider Instructure;
- providers of support services to AMA for the purpose of the Online Module/s;
• members of the public that access the Online Module/s (including other users of the Online Module/s) and are able to view User Content you have posted to the Online Module/s.
AMA accepts no liability for any misuse of your personal information by third parties and you therefore proceed at your own risk.
The AMA will not sell, trade, or rent to others any of your personal information provided via to us, including that provided through the Online Module/s, except as set out above or unless we have had your informed consent to do so.
If you are a non-member and do not want to receive information from us Contact Us by email at email@example.com with the word “unsubscribe” in the subject field.
If you would like AMA to remove personal information you have posted to the Online Module/s please Contact Us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or unauthorised alteration of information you give us.
Communications in connection with the Online Module/s and its content may be sent to you by us by e-mail. For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent to you in an encrypted form. E-mail is not a fully secure means of communication. Whilst we try to keep our systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects we cannot guarantee this.
Cookies on the AMA website
A cookie is a small piece of text stored by your web browser on your computer. The AMA uses it to store your personal preferences on the homepage, to enable you to login and to book membership and events online.
Online booking stores a simple booking id which ties into your current shopping cart. No third party can access cookies set by the AMA website.
Internet browsers normally accept cookies by default. However, it is possible to set an internet browser to reject cookies.
AMA does not guarantee that the information contained on the Online Module/s is accurate, verified or complete. AMA accepts no liability if you or any person or organisation relies on or uses the information.
The AMA will make every effort to deliver the Online Module/s as described but reserves the right to make any necessary changes.
As the AMA is using a third party partner and their third party technology partner to provide Hosting and Support Services, the AMA is not able to give any service guarantees beyond the written service guarantees we receive from these third parties. To the extent that users are unable to access the Online Module/s or content for a period or periods of time the duration of access to the Online Module/s shall be extended by such period or periods of unavailability.
AMA does not guarantee that the Online Module/s will be uninterrupted or error free, or that the Online Module/s and / or AMA website/s or your use of these will be free of viruses or harmful material. You are responsible for ensuring that your computer or device is suitable to use the Online Module/s.
In circumstances where you suffer loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Online Module/s and / or AMA website/s, we accept no liability.
If AMA is liable to you for any reason, our liability will be limited to £100. (This limit does not apply to any liability we may have for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation).
If any term of these Terms and Conditions is illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining terms shall continue to be valid.
These Terms and Conditions and your use of the Online Module/s and AMA website/s are governed by English law and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
These Terms and Conditions do not confer any rights on any person or party (other than you and/or us) pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
If you have any further questions about these terms and conditions or the AMA itself, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Featured image courtesy of Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History © Gabriel Carlos